I had zero plans to do a post about Conageddon, going in. Why, you ask? Because I didn’t have to. That’s it. But… you know how much I love to post about The 100, and I had too much stuff to share to fit in my August recap so… here we are!
Truly, I couldn’t believe that it was actually happening. After many, many reschedules due to COVID, and the fact that the show has been over for two years… well, color me surprised that it went off without a hitch! Many kudos to the people behind the scenes for that, of course!
Since this was a three day event, I figured I would break it down by day! I left on Thursday, but honestly the only thing that happened then was that Beth and I ate at the overpriced hotel restaurant and like, did you even need to know that? Unlikely.
I slept in on Friday, which was good because traveling is rough. The only Conageddon event scheduled for Friday was A) Picking up of one’s tickets, and B) The VIP Party. Look, I’ll level with you: I was nervous. I didn’t really know anyone, and like, I kind of adore all the cast so I didn’t want to feel dumb, right? But I definitely needn’t have worried! Lori found me, and she was pretty much my hero in doing so. Then I met the Amandas, and a few other VIPs (you can see pictures below in the slideshow of all these lovely humans), and I felt much better.
Here’s a great thing: the cast doesn’t come until an hour or so into the party. Which is great, because it gives the alcohol a chance to kick in, and I felt less worried that I was going to say something stupid! It was so great to see these people after literal years of waiting, and they seemed to be having a nice time, too! Here is a clip from when they first came in:
It was just such a great vibe, not overwhelming, and a beyond great experience. Honestly, I feel like the whole weekend would have been worth it for this party alone, but this was, after all, just the beginning!
This is the day that the Con Proper™ started, with panels, photos, autographs, etc. The day started with the VIP breakfast with Chelsey, who I obviously adore. She is just so down to earth and kind and funny, honestly you can’t make it five minutes with her without laughing. Fellow fan Sunshine came to the breakfast dressed as Pauna and brought us gifts, which was so nice and also pretty epic! Then it was on to panels! I love a panel, frankly. Sitting around drinking coffee, listening to people chat about The 100? Yeah, I will always be here for that. I did, however, want to get all my photos (see below!) and autographs out of the way on the first day- mainly so I could just sit back and listen to the aforementioned chat, and not worry about my hair, and clothes, and all that nonsense. So I did!
Later on Saturday was the party for all the attendees. Apparently the cast often shows up, but I was so tired I seriously thought I was going to fall asleep. I went down for a bit, but didn’t feel great and went to bed. The cast did come, but it seemed super crowded and overwhelming, and let’s be real, I am too old for two parties in a row 😂
Just as I had planned, I spent Sunday in panels, listening to all my faves reminisce about their days on The 100. I don’t actually remember who talked about what on which day, so we’ll just throw all the panel talk here. Some highlights:
- Chelsey had no idea that Bellamy died in the last season (it is fine, he didn’t) and was really appalled, which same. Then when she heard that Clarke was the one who shot him… well, she lost her shit (like the rest of us, honestly).
- Speaking of, there was obviously a LOT of talk about the death, and how unrealistic it was for basically every character. Which, yep. I think it was cathartic to finally get it all out there, though.
- Thomas was fascinated by Roan and Bellamy’s car chase. He had no idea what happened on the series after Finn’s death, and could not believe that cars ended up being part of the show.
- Thomas also regaled us with tales of how he requisitioned show equipment to make artsy fruit films.
- Christopher Larkin’s parents were there, and they were lovely. Beth and I had the pleasure of meeting his dad in the elevator, and wow, you can understand where Chris gets his kindness from. Just an amazing family, all around.
- Someone asked Chris to do Monty’s line from 1×08, Day Trip, while Monty was high on Jobi nuts. Chris of course obliged, and it was too fun!
- Bellarke was supposed to be canon, in 6×11, apparently. Like, the cast was legit confused when it was rewritten and the whole scene changed, so. It’s fine, because in my head, it is still canon.
- Speaking of Bellarke, Bob and Eliza just seem so happy. And that is kind of the best thing, isn’t it? They chatted about their life together, their son, their dogs, and it’s just what they deserve, frankly.
- Chelsey came to Eliza’s panel to ask her a fan question!
- Honestly so much more that I will probably remember over the next few days and be mad that I didn’t include- check the comments, I am sure Beth will mention some junk that I forgot!
I tried to fly home on Sunday night- I was supposed to leave on Monday, but decided to try to get home a bit earlier. Joke was on me, because I ended up stranded in Newark for 14 hours. United was useless- they wanted me to wait 24 hours to get on another flight (which, incidentally, also ended up being cancelled! Good thing I declined), so I sat in baggage claim until my parents and the kids came to get me. Maybe I’ll drive if it happens again…