Welcome to February’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
Thanks to Ace, Entangled, Abrams, Bloomsbury, Macmillan, and Little, Brown!!
via Edelweiss, thanks to HarperCollins and Simon & Schuster; via Netgalley, thanks to Simon & Schuster, Little, Brown, and Sourcebooks (Yes, I realize there are 5 mentioned, that is because I requested Blacksouls on both NG and EW because I clearly have a problem, okay?)
Val has released more books back into my custody, YAY! Thanks, Val! (Technically, the last of them arrived today, so she has released them all, but that will be in March’s recap 😉 )
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 13 books. Which frankly, I am impressed with since February is so short!
This was so… confusing. The books I thought I’d love for sure I didn’t as much, and the ones I was on the fence about I did like, and I don’t even know. I linked to the ones I reviewed, Goodreads linked to the rest, but reviews are coming soon!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- AJ @ Read All the Things! Wants to know where the asexual rep in YA is
- Rashika @ Xpresso Reads shares a list of books about immigrant/first gen experiences
- Greg @ Book Haven asks if the impact of a book is diluted over time
- Brittany @ Please Feed the Bookworm is now… Brittersweet Reads!!
- Krysta @ Unbound Pages discusses some of the Unwritten Rules of book blogging
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wonders if she is the only one without an OTP and also shares a guide to bookish slang and acronyms!
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway asks where you would want to go in a time travel book!
- Bee @ Quite the Novel Idea explains why we need more awesome parents in YA (agreed, Bee!)
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library asks if literary canon should be taught
- Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books shares the tropes that have her yelling NO to books. And then, shares what makes her say YES!
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current offers some suggestions for finding time to read
- Nereyda @ Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist shares what makes her read a book… and what makes her not read a book!
- Zeee @ I Heart Romance & YA asks how some bloggers seem to do it ALL
- Jeann, Jenna, and Aila @ Happy Indulgences share a list of their all-time favorite OTPs
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction is celebrating both her birthday and blogoversary!
- Kristen @ Moonlight and Metaphors did the “NSFW Book Tag” and she made me laugh- and cringe in a good way!
- Anissa @ Of Wonderland shares some reading hacks!
- Cait @ Paper Fury explains why books are like human children
- Krysta @ Unbound Pages explains why we needn’t be afraid of MG (even though I am, tbh)
- Jess @ Curiouser and Curiouser shares LGBT+ recs!
- Terri @ Second Reviews discusses cutting back on social media
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook shares tips for coming up with blog post ideas
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit asks about DNFing & Reading Challenges
- Tanya @ Girlxoxo wants to know if guessing a plot twist changes your feelings about a book.
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog tells us why she hates to start new books
- Wren @ Of Wonderland shares some random “holidays” that would make excellent book celebrations!
I don’t even know what happened this month. Nothing did, maybe? I feel boring, but I have very little to offer you in the way of entertainment. I don’t have fun pictures, or stories. Maybe I’ll have something to share next month 😉
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Fine, maybe I just added American Gods to the cover because I miss Ricky Whittle, okay? Shh.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- The 100 is in full swing! I am giddy excited obviously. Next week is an off week though, and those make me mad. Catch up here, if you have missed episodes/saw them and want to chat!
- I need to see Before I Fall. Has anyone seen it/planning to? Do share!
- Anyone do anything fun in February? I feel… like I need to live vicariously through you, okay? So share.