Wow, how the time flies. Also, gear up for a very half-assed blogoversary post, because if it weren’t for Nicole’s handy calendar, mayhaps I’d never have even remembered. Fun fact: I copied this from last year’s, which apparently Nicole also reminded me about. What I am saying here is, I am clearly killing it. I don’t even have any excuses, just that, well, 2020. (Incidentally, remember back when we were all giddy excited for 2020? Such sweet summer children, we were.)
Let’s talk about 7 Things that I have done/learned/whatever whilst blogging:
- Unity Days! Look, this was the best one. Nothing else has, or probably will, compare to that level of awesomeness. If you were wondering if The 100 cast is as awesome as they appear? Nope. They’re better.
- Shattering Stigmas has been going on for six years apparently! I am kind of shocked, really, because I had never even attempted to organize anything before, and the fact that so many people took to it… well, it’s incredible. And I am so grateful to Taylor for keeping it running after I could not.
- Seven years later, and I still over-request books. Whoops? Look, I was a late bloomer to the ARC game, it took me literal years to request from Netgalley even, so I guess we’ll pretend I am still sowing my oats. (If it helps, I read them all, in a largely obsessive way, tbh.)
- The 100 is over and Idk what I am supposed to do now. I won’t lie, writing about The 100 has been my absolute joy all these years. In fact, The 100 has been around almost as long as my blog! I mean, I can still write about it, I suppose, but it won’t be the same. So I guess I need to figure out what the heck I want to do, where I want to go from here.
- Met all of you! This is of course the biggest perk of book blogging- meeting so many wonderful people! And if you’re reading this (and even if you aren’t) I mean you!!
- Blogging is exhausting! Seriously, interestingly, today of all days, Twitter has been having some discourse over bloggers being paid for reviews. I’ll tell you this, I would never turn down monetary compensation, because this is one time-consuming (and costly!) endeavor. You gotta read the books, write the reviews, format the posts, then come up with creative content on the reg. I may have mostly given up that last part because I am old and tired.
- Blogging is more exhausting when the world is aflame. It feels quite odd at times to be writing about books when we’re actively attending the apocalypse. I have cut myself slack, and I really hope you all do too! And also, VOTE. You may get sick of me saying it, but I will say it over and over and over because hell, if one person decides to get out there, then it’s worth it.
So, let’s hope the world doesn’t implode and we’re all around for an 8th year at It Starts at Midnight!! 🥰🥰
I even used the same GIF! Though frankly, it hits differently, doesn’t it?
Two winners win four books each! US Only because money. Ends 11/15 at 11:59EST