Welcome to September’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads and/or reviews, because I am awesome. I link up with the Wrap-Up-Round-Up, because of course I do.
For Review/From Publishers:
None this month!!
Huge thanks to the publishers, so many most-anticipated books here! (Also, someone may have gone overboard?)
Whoopsie. Look, I had only bought like, 3 books all year before this so…. ?♀️
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 16 books this month. Not bad, not bad at all!
Pretty solid bunch here! And do you actually see me over here reading books I own for funsies, not reviews!? I read five full books just because I wanted to, wheee!
Some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Check out The Bookwyrm’s Den or my post for full schedule of awesome Tour the World in 30 Books blog content! There are some fabulous posts here that you need to read!! And donate to Sammie’s wonderful cause while you’re there!
- Sammie @ The Bookwyrm’s Den asks what ratings really mean
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence discusses being judged for buying books
- Lauren @ Shooting Stars Mag shares the origins of some bloggers’ names
- Emma @ Miss Print talks about why it’s time to say goodbye to JK and Harry
- Crystal @ Lost in Storyland shares some upcoming sci-fi/fantasy books to add to your list
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators talks about the struggles of being a mood reader
- Laura @ Daydreaming Dragons explores the pros and cons of multiple-POVs
- Tanya @ Girl Plus Books shares her blogging conundrum
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction regales us with her parenting sneak attack using fiction
- Amber @ Du Livre shares 9 things blogging has taught her
- Chana @ Paper Procrastinators talks about recommending diverse books versus white authored faves
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty, and this month blessed our eyes!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- The 100 finale is today. I am not okay, will never be okay. Though I think everyone who has been on Twitter and such has seen that this has been one hell of a month for fans of The 100. And you know, fans of love and happiness in general. Send good thoughts for a salvageable finale, please!
- I have to go back to work this month, and the kids to school, just as COVID rages on. Why are we like this? By “we”, I mean America, most of the rest of you are doing fine, sweeties. We’re over here thinking it’s cool to let people die because Susan wants to make sure she can get her haircut or whatever. Can I move? (I am bitter, it’s fine.)
- Please help a girl Shatter some Stigmas! Your contributions would mean the world to me, and also, would help me from having to cold-ask random internet people. That is scary!
- American friends, please make sure you are registered to vote! Most states’ deadlines are this month, so double and triple check! And then make your plans to vote (for Biden/Harris, obviously, and your local Dems too) on November 3rd!