I went back and forth with how to handle this. I couldn’t say nothing, and yet, I also didn’t want to just throw an anecdote into the middle of the post. So I am leading with this, which is part of what I wrote to Grace’s family:
Grace is the sort of rare spirit that comes along and touches the lives of all those around her. There is no shortage of kind words, of warm, fondest memories. Because that is just who she is. She brightened my day so often, just by her kindness, her warmth, her humor. She radiated positivity, and genuinely tried to make everyone feel welcome in our community. And it will never, ever be forgotten.
Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog is one of the kindest, warmest people I have met in this community- and that’s saying a lot! I have considered her a friend for quite a few years, and I am going to miss her terribly. Thank you, Grace, for just being your amazing self. I am heartbroken that you are gone, but I am so, so blessed to have known you ♥♥
Welcome to July’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Albert Whitman & Author Ava Morgyn, Entangled, and Macmillan!
Huge thanks to Harper, Saga Press, Random House, Simon and Schuster, Harlequin, & Macmillan!
Sometimes you find books on your wishlist for under $8. 🤷♀️
Aaaand a couple of Kindle Deals, as you do! The Hunger is still on sale for the next week or so, too!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 15 books this month. Not going to pretend to not be impressed with my own self.
This was actually an awesome reading month, in both quality and quantity! I’d say the lowest was 3 stars, but most were much higher!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Cristina @ Girl in the Pages wonders why she has so many 4-star reviews
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wants to know where the illustrator/cover artist appreciation is
- Crystal @ Lost in Storyland asks if your childhood reading reflects your current interests
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books asks if character deaths ruin your reading experience
- Cait @ Paper Fury discusses what it is like to be a bookworm with a sensory processing disorder
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators explains why she (and we) judges books by their covers
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
My eyes are pleased. Quality over quantity, methinks.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- The 100 finale is upon us and Idk what even to do 😭 I mean. It’s going to be nearly a year until Season 7, for goodness sake!
- July has been hard. So I am keeping this short because let’s be real no one wants to listen to me bitch in my own blog post. In summary, if it could get messed up, it has.
- Someone remind me to do another TV post soon, and also a post about my thing with birds.
- These two got their orange belts tonight, so that was exciting!