Welcome to June’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Penguin, Page Street Kids, & Macmillan!
Huge thanks to Wednesday, Harper, Berkely, Candlewick, author Talis Jones, WW Norton, & Little Brown!
Sometimes you pre-order things, and sometimes paperbacks are on sale for under $6. 🤷♀️
Aaaand a couple of Kindle Deals, as you do!
ALA Annual Conference:
I feel like this just speaks for itself? It’s books, so.
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 10 books this month. Not bad since I traveled out of state twice!
Quite a good reading month, actually! Only one of these did I outright not like! Other than that, I think only one or two are even below 4 stars, woo! And of course, they’re review books so if I haven’t reviewed them yet, it’s happening soon!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
I feel like I have failed this month but… well, but nothing, I did fail! I am sure there are so many more amazing posts out there but I just… couldn’t. But these are really good, at least!
- Lindsi @ Do You Dog Ear? wants to know if book anxiety is a real thing
- Nyx @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books shares what makes her fall for a book character
- Dani @ Perspective of a Writer creates an amazing summer reading list
- Crystal @ Lost in Storyland asks if book format influences your rating
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators explains why she cares about stats
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wants to know how often you randomly visit new blogs
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books discusses required reading
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway is going to be published in Megan Shepherd’s Beastie Tales short story collection
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
My eyes are pleased.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Bookish Games has ended. I tried to be a bad guy but as it turns out… I am physically incapable. 🤷♀️ I do like to think that had I not been investigated, it could have worked out. Maybe?
- Beliza happened and I am now deceased. We’ve been sitting around like fools for six years waiting for Bellamy and Clarke to get together, and I guess Bob and Eliza just took matters into their own hands? Pretty epic. And they definitely deserve all the happiness.
- Speaking of The 100, it’s awesome as always. If you have missed any, you have a week’s hiatus to check them out! Free on The CW and definitely worth it! (And if you have watched them and just want some recappy goodness… you’ve come to the right place!)
- Netflix has really been hardcore with bringing back my dystopian & sci-fi faves. The Rain, 3%, and Dark are all back with new seasons. So if you’re looking for crap to watch… you’re welcome.
- The Hunger Games is back, bitches! Those are some words I never thought I’d utter, but Suzanne Collins is like freaking Santa Claus so here we are.