Welcome to April’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Wow none this month!
Huge thanks to Berkley, Random House, Harper, Page Street, Entangled, Flux, Tor, and Simon & Schuster!
This… seems excessive, yes? But look, I was choosy, I swear! You know, pretty much. 🙊
Look, when a new hardcover is $7 (Internment), you buy the thing. Obviously I had to pre-order The Boy Who Steals Houses (😍😍😍😍) and then Defy the Fates because the UK edition is much prettier, not sorry.
Also… a few Kindle deals oops?
Hugest of thanks to YABC & Tor for The Tesla Legacy!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 13 books this month. Which is pretty damn good for me, not going to lie!
This was a good reading month! The last three were only okay for me, but most of them were freaking amazing. Like 4 stars and up! Reviews for basically all of these are coming up in May, so stay tuned!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Bee @ Novel Ink shares some of the ugly truths about motherhood (I know this isn’t book related, but I also know a lot of you are parents- and I think this is really important)
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction included meeee in her April Fool’s prank this year!
- Cait @ Paper Fury discusses what it feels like to write an #ownvoices novel
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators wants to know if you have felt underwhelmed when obtaining an anticipated book
- Dani @ Perspective of a Writer has some tips on bookstagramming without discouragement
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books wants to know whether sneak peeks are yays or nays (my vote is nay!)
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books has tips to stop comparing yourself to other bloggers
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds shares the best weird books for weirdos
- Lois @ My Midnight Musing discusses what influences her mood reading
- Chana @ Paper Procrastinators wrote an open letter to her TBR
- Genesis @ Whispering Chapters talks about book reviewing confidence
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity asks what do to when a post you loved flops
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog shares why she doesn’t request a book for review
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Not a ton this time, but quality over quantity, right?
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Bookish Games are back!! This game is based on Nevernight, which I have Neverread, so. I thought about it, but as quickly as I have been killed off lately, do I really need to spend days reading a huge ass book? Nah. Wish me luck! They start May 15, if you want to spectate!
- Welcome to Sanctum, bitches!! The 100 Season 6 will air today as you read this post, but you know I am going to be talking about it non-freaking-stop. And I am zero percent sorry. I also finally posted my seasons 1-5 wrap-up post, aren’t you proud? Here, have the second trailer! I think it is way more bananas than the first one!
- Speaking of The 100…. it was RENEWED for Season 7!! That is right, even before Season 6 aired, the powers that be blessed us with a seventh season (and no mention that it was the final season, which is promising!), so now we can all rest easy and enjoy Season 6 in all its glory!!