Welcome to July’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
For Review/From Publishers:
Thanks to Penguin!
NONE. Do you see these levels of awesome? There are none because I requested none.
I purchased NOTHING, my friends. I think I will be needing a round of applause or something? 🤔
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 15 books this month. That’s not bad.
I am beginning to think that 2017 hates me. Fine, it hates us all. There were a handful of good (even some really good!) But also, I DNFed a book which as you know, is quite the rare occurrence! So who even knows anymore.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
This… is still shorter than usual because I am still operating at a moderate level of blogging fail.
- Zeee @ I Heart Romance & YA shares her first book buying binges, and wants to know yours!
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway recaps ALAAC ‘17 much better than I ever could 😉
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction talks about the “YA Perfection” trope and its potential impact on young people
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity discusses the benefits of embracing a reading slump
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake discusses her need for more books about twenty-somethings
- Nick @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist has some “shocking” confessions for us!
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight asks where all the great books have gone and shares her rating crisis
- Lys @ The Mad Reader shares some YA character types she’s had enough of
- Anisha @ Sprinkled Pages wants to know if you ever return to books you’ve DNFed
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit talks about reading bad books on purpose
- Laura @ Books Against the Current lists the pros and cons of the Goodreads Challenge
- Cristina @ Girl in the Pages asks if you ever have to unhaul books
- Cait @ Paper Fury has some great suggestions for improving Goodreads
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books discusses quitting series
- Mikela @ The Well Thumbed Reader would like to know what makes you want to leave a blog comment
- Liza @ Quite the Novel Idea shares what makes her stop reading a book
- Erin @ The Hardcover Lover asks how many books constitutes hoarding?
ARC August & Other Random Musings
I am joining ARC August again this year! It’s hosted by the lovely ladies at Read. Sleep. Repeat. and the goal is basically like it sounds- read all the ARCs. My goals for the past like, 3 times they did this have been 16 books. My list is shorter this year.
So why is it shorter, you ask? Well- these are the last 12 ARCs I have for review. YEP. This is it. I don’t know how, either, friends.
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Lots of pretty! I have never even heard of The Goblins of Bellwater, but I saw it on Netgalley and needed to know more. Because of the prettiness.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- It’s been two months since Praimfaya. Better than 2,199 days? Maybe? Most of the main cast was at SDCC last week, and I am re-energized by the panel! I talked a wee bit about it here, so if you care, there you go!
- I reached 2,000 Bloglovin’ Followers! I know, some people have like, 100k+, but shh. This is exciting for little ol’ me!! Thank you deeply, my darlings! ♥♥
- I’m almost done with Orphan Black, which I adore. I am so sad that it will be over soon, like over-over. Because it has entertained me through the first awful months of The 100 hiatus, and I don’t want it to be gone. What will I do without the sisters?!
- Shattering Stigmas will offically be happening October 2-15! If you’d like to participate, either check out the sign up post, or hit me up in the comments!