Welcome to May’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
For Review/From Publishers:
Thanks to Macmillan, Little Brown, and Penguin!!
via Edelweiss, thanks to HarperTeen & Sky Pony Press!
These were all pre-orders, and all but one was bought with gift cards, so I feel much less bad 😉
Thanks to all the lovely humans who traded/gave these to meeee! I’d list you all, but tbh, I am tired. So know I appreciate it! I also forgot a few because I did, and I am wayyy too lazy to take new pictures, so next montH!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I only read 12 books this month. But to be fair, I read ACOMAF and ACOWAR which were like 700 pages each so.
So, this was an interesting mix. Some were good, like I expected (Always & Forever, Lara Jean, The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet, Words in Deep Blue), some surprised me by how much I liked them (Seeker, Coming Up For Air), and some were kind of disappointing (ACOWAR, The Gauntlet). And sadly, no 5 star reads. But no 1 stars either, so I guess it’s a win!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- CJ @ Sarcasm & Lemons shares some YA subgenres that she totally made up (but it’s fine because she is awesome)
- Tasya @ The Literary Huntress talks prequels, sequels, and novellas– basically, never ending series.
- Cait @ Paper Fury explains why sequels are terrifying (they really, really are)
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley discusses why she missed blogging
- Greg @ Book Haven shares a fun flash fiction piece based on art
- Mikela @ The Well-Thumbed Reader ponders the complexities of blog commenting (soooo true!)
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wants to know if you ever add things to posts after publishing them
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook talks about how blogging changed her reading habits
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway discusses getting TBRs under control
- Zeee @ I Heart Romance & YA asks how soon/long you review a book after reading
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog has too many ARCs and too little time, which lots of us can relate to 😉
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence shares the struggles of blogging motivation
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction created a Netgalley Guide for beginners
- Julianna @ Blots of Ink and Words explains how her life changed after finding Goodreads
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current wants to know how you organize your bookshelves
- Emma @ Miss Print discusses things she learned from reading YA Contemporary
Why do I feel like I did mostly nothing again this month? Tbh, I was kind of obsessed with The 100, especially toward the end. I mean, it was an epic finale. I kind of feel like June is going to be really busy though, so I guess it’s good that May wasn’t!
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Lots of pretty ones this month!! 😀
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- The 100 has ended. I won’t say much in case people still want to watch it (this season will be on Netflix on June 1st!) but… my heart also feels like the end of the world. I ummm also may have already started rewatching it? (And yes, I am aware this has turned slightly obsessive.)
- Shattering Stigmas Part THREE is going to be taking place in September this year! Because people said that would work better, and I am happy to accommodate 😀 Anyone who is interested in participating, hit me up! I’ll also probably post some kind of form or something soon.
- Going to Chicago for ALA on June 24! Then, taking Holly home to Michigan, because it saves her bus fare, and I won’t have to drive home late at night! Win-win! (Also, bonus, because I have never been to Western Michigan before, and I love going to new places! She could have had the decency to live in a state I have never been to, but alas 😉 ) Let me know if you’ll be around!!