Welcome to ‘s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Clearly, I did not listen to my own talk about not doing a recap, so here we are! Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
Thanks to author K.M. Walton, Tor Teen, and Big Honcho Media/Disney!!
Top row via Netgalley, thanks to Entangled, Disney, and Random House; bottom row via Edelweiss, thanks to HarperCollins!
The bottom five are from my Book Outlet Black Friday haul- the top three are UK editions, and Rebellion is the lesser of the two damaged copies Amazon sent me. Grr, Amazon. You can’t maul Clarke’s face like that and think it’s okay! (But the worse one had damage to Bellamy, which NO. Plus I will use glue and fix Clarke.)
From the Scholastic warehouse sale!!
Because CHRISTMAS, yayyyy! Thanks, fam!
Author Lance Rubin is the BEST, guys. He offered this up for #KidLitForAleppo, because he is generous and wonderful. And thanks to the event, I now know ways to donate to help- so if you want to, check out the hashtag or this post. The authors who did this are so amazing!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 9 books… 3 of which were re-reads, my 11th time reading The Hunger Games! I also linked, because I am awesome. A couple link to my reviews, where applicable.
This was actually a pretty great reading month! I mean, obviously I knew I’d love 3 of them 😉 But Exist Once More and Under a Painted Sky also made my end-of-year favorites! And not a one was less than 3 stars, so… yay!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Lexie & Natalie @ The Honest Bookclub share their favorite book bloggers. I, for one, find their taste impeccable 😉
- Nereyda @ Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist explains why she is a booknerd- and why we don’t need awards to be one!
- Zeee @ I Heart Romance & YA tells us why she is perfectly fine without ARCs in her life!
- Fleur @ Frankly books talks about the pros of having multiple editions of books- and the cons, too!
- Cait @ Paper Fury tells us the 8 kinds of reviewers… and has a QUIZ!
- Liselle @ Lunch-Time Librarian asks if BEA is pushing out book bloggers.
- Inge @ Of Wonderland wrote a beautiful post about being thankful for her mom (and dad!) and I cried.
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books asks how far you’d go to read
- Greg @ Book Haven wonders if some authors are too “big” to fail
- AJ @ Read all the Things! talks about those times when you just can’t comment back
- Rashika @ Xpresso Reads shares a list of books if you like reading about reading!
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction complied a big old list of challenges for 2017!
- Victoria @ Doodles and Scraps asks if it is okay for authors to comment on reviews
- Krysta @ Pages Unbound reminds us to stop apologizing for all the books we haven’t read
- Kelly @ Diva Booknerd celebrates 4 years of blogging!
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook shares 7 quick tips to help improve your blog
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity asks how soon is too soon when it comes to rereading
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway shares 11 things that make her excited to read a book
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters shares things she has learned about mental illness from reading, in this very honest post
- Becca @ Faerily Bookish has ideas to chase the slumps away!
- Sydney @ Sydney’s Shelves tells us what makes her add a book to her TBR immediately!
- Alyssa @ The Eater of Books celebrates four years of blogging too!
So, 2016 is over! I feel both relieved, and scared. Because… let’s be real, it is a scary time. But I also feel like maybe we’re a little more prepared, eyes are open? Like, I don’t know about you all, but the shitshow of 2016 blindsided the hell out of me, so maybe if we know what we’re up against… well, you get the idea. Also, lots of good books in 2017, so we can at least have a bit of happiness to look forward to? Sure! Hope you all had lovely holidays, if you celebrated any! Here’s a picture for you!
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
This was a slowww cover month. Which means some of these may not be new. And some of them may have been released today, as I type this post. #Cheating
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- The 100 Season 4. 25 Days. This is not a drill.
Also, let me know if you want to join Holly, Erica and me in some kind of… celebration! (We don’t even know what, but we are excited! Are you?)
- ALAMW! This is happening so soon! In about 2 weeks, I will be with a whole bunch of my besties in Atlanta, where it will not be 4 degrees. This makes me happy on so many levels! Also, things will be a bit quiet that weekend/week around here 😀 Are any of you going?
- I let random.org choose my Goodreads Goal. How many books do you hope to read this year? Random decided I shall read 139. I was really saving myself from… well, myself. Because I would have tried to beat my last year number of 151 and would have driven myself batty because of it.