Welcome to April’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome. As always, I link up with the Wrap Up Round Up, too!
For Review/From Publishers:
Hugest of thanks to the publishers!!
Huge thanks to the publishers for these lovelies! I am so excited for all of them!
The High House by Jessie Greengrass ♦ Light Chaser by Peter F. Hamilton & Gareth L. Powell ♦ You Feel It Just Below the Ribs by Jeffrey Cranor & Janina Matthewson ♦ Dead Space by Kali Wallace ♦ Boys of the Beast by Monica Zepeda ♦ Remember Me Gone by Stacy Stokes ♦ The Last Laugh by Mindy McGinnis ♦ The Gilded Ones by Naima Forna ♦ Alone Out Here by Riley Redgate ♦ Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel ♦ Atomic Anna by Rachel Barenbaum ♦ Fevered Star by Rebecca Roanhorse
Yes, now we’re back on our bullshit. The responsibility couldn’t last forever, right?
I also bought this beauty- featured in episode 6×09 (What You Take With You), which is such an emotional fave!
Nothing this month!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 12 books this month. Oof at the number.
Okay so while it was small in quantity, it was high as hell in quality. A lot of wins here, friends. More than one new favorite, I daresay.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Beth @ Bethwyrm shares her favorite non-romance tropes
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction shares her very useful, totally legit new writing method
- Nyx @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books offers some of her favorite YA Dystopian novels (you guys know those are my jam!)
- Davida @ The Chocolate Lady’s Book Reviews proposes adding a “Not Right Now” category
- Briana @ Pages Unbound explains why book blogging is definitely not a dying art
- Nicole @ Thoughts Stained With Ink talks about the importance of commenting on book blogs
- AJ @ Read All The Things! shares childhood books she’ll keep forever
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books shares her bookish quirks
- Louise @ Monstrumology discusses celebrity authors
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- I want to give you fun, upbeat, positive news! But I don’t have any. Sorry. Look guys, one day, maybe I will, if you cross your fingers and send good juju my way. But as it stands, my juju is garbage. I have gotten expired, rotten juju I guess? Work has decided it’s laying people off (because the school board doesn’t want to raise their own taxes basically) and as someone who was just hired this year… yeah. My roof was leaking, so that had to be replaced, along with some drywall that got ruined, and half of Sam’s bedroom. Also, I am tired.
- Easter was nice enough though. I finally got to attend after a few COVID-y years, so that was nice! Lena is playing softball, Sam got his next rank in karate, and I went on a fishing trip with our class and none of the kids drowned or ate any bait! So, small wins heh.