Welcome to February’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome. As always, I link up with the Wrap Up Round Up, too!
For Review/From Publishers:
Hugest of thanks to Red Clover Digital!
Huge thanks to the publishers for these lovelies! (Not quite as bad as usual, eh?)
Okay, not my best, not my worst? In fairness, I bought three of these for my mom to read/because I loved them and wanted to support and own them (Rebel Daughter, Some Other Now, The Initial Insult). The others just really looked good, not sorry. (They are, because I am nice, Finlay Donovan is Killing It, The Valley and the Flood, The Minders, and Remote Control)
Thanks to the publishers!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 13 books this month. Not terrible, considering we’re down a few days.
This was a pretty good bunch. No terrible ones, anyway. And definitely a few hits!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books shares 5 really easy ways to support book bloggers (DO IT!)
- Sammie @ The Bookwyrm’s Den discusses how much we should police #ownvoices
- Chana & Malka @ Paper Procrastinators share tips for cutting down your TBR
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction asks if there is such thing as an unbiased review (my answer is no)
- Amber @ Du Livre shares her thoughts on celebrating bookish Black History Month
- Kit @ Moonlights & Metaphors explains how to listen to ebooks with TTS
- Alice @ Alchemy Bookshop talks TBRs and other bookish jargon
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books discusses required reading
- Nyx @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books asks if YA has too much romance
- Laura @ Daydreaming Dragons wants to know how a book makes it onto your TBR
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Gosh, this month was busy. Started off with a quasi-scheduled surgery for Sammy (long story hah). He needed ear tubes, for the 23989th time, but he also had something called a pharyngeal flap surgery. Which… 🤷♀️ But he handled it so well! The doctor said some patients stay up to a week after, and this is my dude the next morning eating pancakes:So, they let us go home the next day! Which, was a relief for us both if I am being honest. And he was such a champ! He is almost done with his soft diet and activity restrictions, so that is good news too! Also, Lena looks like she is about 24, and I don’t approve.
- Speaking of being busy, bankruptcy is fun! Kidding, it is a living hellscape. If you want to read all about it, I tweeted. I wanted to mention it here, honestly, because I am over the stigma. “Hey, let’s make people who fell upon hard times feel extra shitty about themselves!” is a hard nope from me. I said most of this in my Twitter thread, because I didn’t want to be quiet any longer. Plus, I have spent the past month solid finding documents upon documents, bills from that one time I went to Panera in 1998, a paystub from when I was a lifeguard in high school, filling out forms listing the exact contents of my junk drawer, etc. I am TIRED. And it prevented me from doing basically anything I wanted to do this month- like visit your blogs, write anything on my own blog, watch shows, and so on.
- The 100 Bookish Games are somehow still happening! It is exciting, really! The game notes are always the most fun part, and also, I am about to start petitioning to do a The 100 2.0 edition where I get to use the later seasons, woo! Except like, with my own ending.
- Speaking of endings, Amber sent me this GLORIOUS ending. I love it and I hope you do too, I am so thankful to its creator!