Welcome to February’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Hugest of thanks to Penguin, Page Street Kids, and Macmillan for these lovely books!!
Huge thanks to the publishers, so many most-anticipated books here!
Nothing! Look at Past Shannon making fiscally responsible choices!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 12 books this month. What the heck was I doing? I thought I was reading faster than this. Bad news especially because I have so many March books send help.
Most of these were really good. Way more good than not, really.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books asks if we should ever apologize for liking a book
- Chana @ Paper Procrastinators shares pretty books that she doesn’t know the plot of
- Amber @ YA Indulgences discusses politics in YA books
- Cait @ Paper Fury introduces us to her newest book obsessions
- Nyx @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books explains why books matter to her
- AJ @ Read All the Things! shares what she’s learned reading “Best of 2019” lists
- Sammie @ The Writerly Way talks about why she likes problematic romances
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds asks how you imagine books as you read
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators shares her take on trigger warnings
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction talks about having book anxiety (and I feel her!)
- Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books asks why it took her so long to try audiobooks
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
My eyeballs are blessed.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Honestly I think I am still living in Unity Days Hangover. Can I just live at Unity Days forever? Or like, at least Vancouver? Anyway, enjoy a picture of my signed poster, which I may have finally found a frame for!
- Speaking of, The 100 finishes filming this month. You know, forever. And of course I am not okay. Will never be okay again, tbh. I know this seems dramatic but guys. It’s The 100. Also, we have no idea when Season 7 is happening, nor a damn thing about it. Jason hates feeding us. And I am okay with it to some extent (like please, drag this out forever honestly), but I could use a scrap or two just saying 🤷♀️
- But we did get some The 100 Prequel news. This is honestly the only thing that might keep me from going over the deep end, so please give it ALL the good “get picked up” vibes!
- Scythe Bookish Games start next week! I really don’t think I thought this through, but I also know I physically cannot seem to say no to a Bookish Game, so here we are! Wish me luck and a long, long life!