Welcome to December’s Monthly (and YEARLY) Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Hugest of thanks to Page Street Kids & Entangled!!
Huge thanks to like, these 500 amazing publishers that there are just too many to name because someone went overboard!!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 16 books this month. Which just shocked the crap out of me because… how!?! Who knows but it’s pretty awesome.
Most of these were really freaking good. I’d say at least three 5-stars? And one new all-time favorite (again, at least). So. Good stuff! (And okay, a few minor disappointments but the good overshadows the bad, yay!)
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books talks about pacing oneself with reading
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds asks how long is too long between books
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares whether her most anticipated 2019 books delivered
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books wants to know why we can’t just let people like things
- Nyx @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books discusses printed books versus ebooks
- Tânia @ My Lovely Secret shares a list of 27 Dystopians of the 2010s
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction shares a list of her best books of the entire decade
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty. And these are goddamn glorious.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture/End of the Year Recap:
- I read more books this year than I have in any other year (156!!) And that is while working full-time and raising two kids completely alone. Well done, if I do say so myself. How many books am I bound to next year for Goodreads? Apparently Random.org was good to me again this year, wooo!
- 2019 was bananas. I mean, see the above full-time job and raising two kids totally solo! But then add in all kinds of other stuff! Like, I moved! My kitchen caught aflame! My kids went through all kinds of upheaval, my grandma passed away, my brother got married. I won Bookish Games, The 100 was awesome, and I am going to Unity Days. Look, this decade was… something. And I’m not sorry it’s over. (And please don’t be “that guy” who tries to argue that 2020 is still part of the teens; it isn’t. No one will think of it as such, regardless of historical usage. That’s not a thing anymore, sorry.) I plan to do some kind of 2020 post soon, so stay tuned for that!
- Speaking of Unity Days and staying tuned… do. In three weeks, I will be on my way to Vancouver!! I am beyond excited, and kind of floored that this is a thing that is actually happening. And since I am going as Presskru, there will be tons of stuff coming up about it!
- Christmas has come and gone and it was nice! I mean, not having work is always nice, and obviously the kids were kind of ridiculously excited, so it was a pretty good one! Hope everyone else who celebrates had a great one too, and if you don’t celebrate I hope you had a good week!