Welcome to March’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Macmillan, Scholastic, and Penguin!!
Huge thanks to Random House, Tor, Orchard, HMH, and Daw!!
Mayyyybe someone went a wee bit overboard this month? But a lot of them were pre-orders from ages ago, so. I pre-ordered Rayne & Delilah, Chrysalis, Hiro Loves Kite, and Travel Diaries of the Dead and Delusional because I love all those authors.
And then I had to buy some books at the EpicReads event, right? Right. I bought Opposite of Always and Not a Drop to Drink, but I also bought We Set the Dark on Fire so I could have a signed copy, but my mom is currently reading it, so. Maybe I’ll have it next month!
Also… a few Kindle deals oops?
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 11 books this month. Which isn’t bad because I didn’t particularly care for this month.
This was a pretty good one, actually. I liked far more books than I didn’t like, so we’ll consider that a reading win.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
I wanted to look for more posts but I am tired. Of everything.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wants to know if there are ever really “too many” issues in books
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books discusses blogger shame and guilt
- Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic shares things that make readers happy
- Amber Elise @ Du Livre asks what blogging would look like without ARCs (My answer? Sparse.)
- Jo @ Bookloversblog talks about why female friendships in books are so important
- AJ @ Read All the Things! wants to read about these dangerous jobs (me toooo!)
- Tina @ As Told by Tina asks if you have switched from print to ebooks
- Chana & Malka @ Paper Procrastinators debate whether print or ebooks are better
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books shares her thoughts on books with anxiety
- Kel @ Booked Til Tuesday asks what makes you put a book down
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction offers tips on starting a blogging challenge or meme
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares some books you can read during the agonizing wait for The Boy Who Steals Houses (Also, your wait is almost overrrrr!)
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
GAH my eyes are blessed.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- I wanted to talk about so much this month but… I just can’t. The past few days have just been too much and I am honestly just trying to get this post up. Anything else is just a bonus at this point. Hopefully I can chat more about the EpicReads author event next month. Because I genuinely can’t. Or I guess, I could, but it would be much less entertaining than it should be, and that is fair to no one.
- The. 100. Trailer. I am going to try to finish the post within the next few days (actually, that is a lie, I am going to try to finish it before I finish this one, but we’ll see) so I will share it then! Until that time… have a poster!