Welcome to my stop on the tour for Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller! Today I have a moodboard to share with you, but I also wanted to give you a very short recap about how I felt about the book! Because spoiler, it’s awesome.Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller
Published by Feiwel & Friends on February 26, 2019
Source:Copy provided by publisher for review
How do you kill a god?
As her father's chosen heir, eighteen-year-old Rasmira has trained her whole life to become a warrior and lead her village. But when her coming-of-age trial is sabotaged and she fails the test, her father banishes her to the monster-filled wilderness with an impossible quest: to win back her honour, she must kill the oppressive god who claims tribute from the villages each year or die trying.
Oh hi, this book is awesome. And frankly, I’d feel remiss if I didn’t tell you so. Even though this isn’t actually a review post, here’s some reasons to read this book:
- Badass main character who has to face a lot of inner demons and decide if she can/will change for the better. Unlearning bad lessons is never fun, even if you are a warrior.
- Lots of friendship/family/romance along the way! The other characters are really well done, too.
- Survival, ftw! I love me a good survivin’ in the woods story.
- Adventure is blended perfectly with character development.
- I could not put this book down, basically. Easily one of the best books I have read so far this year.
(With a special shout out to Rashika for helping me search for the right stuff when I was frantically moving and googling “treehouses” at the same time, finding only children’s toys and being stressed 😂.)