Welcome to February’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Macmillan, Bloomsbury, Thomas Nelson, and Penguin!!
Huge thanks to Random House, Simon & Schuster, and Charlesbridge Teen!
My birthday giveaway winner decided I should get Polaris Rising! So I did! Greg decided I should buy The Gone World, so again, I complied. And Nowhere On Earth was a complete impulse buy but… no regrets!
Fever King was free, The Test I pre-ordered, and Midwife and Star-Crossed were Daily Deals!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 8 books this month. ‘Twas slow, but eh, I was crazy busy.
This was a fairly good month. I think. I don’t know, I feel like I was flying through books early on, but then with moving and such, I slowed down so I don’t fully remember it all?
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
I have some duplicates from a few blogs this month because tbh, they were simply too awesome to choose, and I am not sorry. 🤷♀️
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library asks if you want to be an author
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books discusses book title themes
- Greg @ Book Haven wants to know if cloning is a yay or a nay
- Tonyalee @ Vivacious Bibliophile shares her thoughts on #booksfortrade
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators explains why she’s not okay with popular books
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction tells us why swag just isn’t her thing
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds provides some useful trading tips
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books asks what reasons you have for not featuring books
- Chana & Malka @ Paper Procrastinators debate whether we should read synopses (my personal vote is always a hard nope)
- Jess @ Jessticulates asks if we should write an author off after a mistake
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction discusses the importance of audiobooks
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares some low-budget bookstagram hacks
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Look at all the pretty colors, woooo! And I know tie-in covers are usually meh but… do you see the front-and-center Ricky Whittle? I will buy it just for him. Lincoln kom Trikru will always have my heart.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- While the Game is on hiatus, you can catch my Bookish Games interview! Because you clearly don’t get enough of me here, you should want to seek me out elsewhere. Plus, it may motivate you to play 😉
- I am so tired, guys. Between moving, and being sicker than I can remember being in a long time (flu and bronchitis, woo), I am kind of dead. Add to it that I overbooked my blog, had too many review copies for the same couple of weeks, and actually have had a full week of work… gross, it’s all gross. So if I owe you blog visits, I’m good for them, I am just… slow.
- Speaking of slow… my The 100 Book One post is on its way! Actually, it was going great until I got sick. I have it all written down, I just need to get it all together!
- Finished The Expanse, and holy withdrawal! Is it Season 4 yet? Now I have to watch some crappy shows, le sigh.