Welcome to September’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Random House! (To be fair, I have no idea how or why I have this- there was no note, it could have been a giveaway I don’t remember entering? But alas, let’s just throw it here anyway. Also, exciting!)
Huge thanks to Flatiron for the review copy!
Gift cards are my friend! And you know I needed my Queens of Fennbirn to match, come on!
Thanks for the trades, friends! But no thanks to the person who scammed me, that was rude.
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 12 books this month, which isn’t too bad all things considered!
It was a pretty EH month in general- a couple of these were quite good but more were just mediocre.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books ponders blogging identity crises
- Sammie @ The Writerly Way dishes on DNFing
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wants to know your thoughts on book box subscriptions
- Aimee @ Aimee, Always has some tips on engaging blog readers
- Jennilyn @ Rurouni Jenni Reads discusses why one-star reviews are rare on blogs
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books talks about why tags and memes are so popular
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares the warning signs that she won’t like a book
- Jenna @ Happy Indulgence shares how her relationship with audiobooks changed
- Greg @ Book Haven discusses monarchs in fantasy
- Lauren @ Shooting Stars Mag asks fellow bloggers how they chose their blog names
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds talks about receiving review requests
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Please check out Shattering Stigmas FOUR hosted by a ton of awesome individuals! (Find info HERE.) It was really hard for me to step down this year, but I will be sharing a post on Taylor’s blog about why. And why it’s okay to take a step back. And I hope to be back in the mix next year, but in the meantime, please show these lovelies your support!
- Bookish Games are BACK! I am so scared and so excited because if you remember last time, they nearly killed me. And not just in the game, like in actual life? They get intense! But it was also SO. MUCH. FUN. so it’s exciting too! The book that inspired this incarnation is Vicious, so you can see why I read it! (Also- you can still sign up as a spectator or replacement player, even though the game is full!)
- The 100 hiatus update! Okay so there isn’t a ton to update? We have two episode titles (6×01 is Sanctum, and 6×02 is Red Sun Rising. And Idk who this guy is, but he’s been cast as… new guy.
- The Caffeinated Reader is hosting the Fraterfest Readathon and I am going to join in! Because look, I always say I am going to read scary stuff in October, but do I actually? No, the answer is no. So now, I have to! I want to do at least two, but we’ll see. BUT since I am indecisive as hell… I am letting you pick!