Welcome to May’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Tor Teen!
(Incidentally, I was such a fail and forgot to take a picture of this by the pool- I will though, before I post my review!)
Huge thanks to Orchard Books, Tor, Little Brown, HMH, Carolrhoda, Random House, and Harper!!
The only book I bought- and it was a pre-order from a million years ago, so.
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 11 books this month.
The month started out pretty great, tbh. And I have some favorites! The bad news is, you’ll have to wait for me to tell you about them. The good news is, I’ll be reviewing them within the next week!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Cait @ Paper Fury is taking over your bookshelves again with her second published novel!!
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books wants to know how you review audiobooks
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight shares an awesome supernatural character quiz
- Brittany @ Brittany’s Book Rambles has another new feature in which she does a Q&A with publicists
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction discusses switching book formats while reading
- Dani @ Perspective of a Writer talks about commenting back, and her system
- Kel @ Booked Til Tuesday explains how to read the unread books you own
- AJ @ Read All the Things! wants to know how accurate Amazon recommendations are
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence talks about her love-hate relationship with bookish social media
- Olivia @ Olivia’s Catastrophe shares her best bookstagram tips and tricks
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books asks if a book blogger has to review books
- Jane @ Janepedia asks if we really “blog for ourselves”?
- Ashley @ Nose Graze has some helpful tips for any bloggers overwhelmed by the GDPR
- Rebeccah @ The Pixie Chronicles shares her bookish confessions
- Ezrah @ I Heart Romance & YA discusses authors behaving badly
- Aimee @ Aimee, Always provides questions you should ask yourself before book buying
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
I love all the colors!! (I mean, not including Courting Darkness, which has a distinct lack of aforementioned color.)
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- I have been watching so much stuff lately! Honestly it’s not surprising I am reading less- between watching more shows and actually trying to sleep… Yikes! I do hope to get a post together this week about all the shows I have been binging like mad too, especially because The 100 was off this week ::grumbles:: But yes- you need to know what shows they are because most of them were quite good!
- I’m going to ALA soon! You ever book something super in advance and then been so happy because if it wasn’t already booked you’d never have been able to go? Yeah, it’s me! Anyway, it’s in New Orleans this year and I am so excited because Louisiana is one of the 14 states I haven’t been to, and NOLA has always been on my bucket list. And also, drinks. And sure, books, but mostly… friends, drinks, and a new fun city. Will I be seeing any of you there? Recommendations on “must-sees”?