Welcome to March’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Scholastic, Entangled, and Abrams!!
Huge thanks to Wednesday Books, Random House, and Albert Whitman!!
This isn’t *terrible*, right? Especially since I’d pre-ordered Obsidio like, years ago. Also State of Sorrow and Almost Love were pre-orders. The Wolves of Winter was just a good book and I regret nothing.
Won The Traitor’s Game (Thanks to Author Jennifer Nielsen and Adventures in YA Publishing!) Thanks for the trades (Bygone Badass Broads and The Sidekicks, and my mom bought me Not if I SaveYou First at Lena’s book fair hah!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 12 books this month, which I guess is okay? I had hoped to read more since it was a longer month, but some of the books were quite long, so.
Overall it was a good reading month though. So I’ll take it. And I will also be reviewing all of these. You know, at some point. Probably. (No really I will since most are review books.)
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Jamie @ Books and Ladders shares some tips for adding your blogging accomplishments to a resume
- Bee @ Novel Ink explains why she stopped reading certain genres
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley explains the pros and cons of binge reading
- Megan @ Book Birds shares a list of some of her favorite book bloggers
- Kym @ All the Diversity asks about your reading slump experiences
- Annemieke @ A Dance With Books explains why she doesn’t read excerpts
- Sammie @ The Writerly Way discuses how she chooses which books to read
- Greg @ Book Haven talks about movie tie-in covers
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares her bookish meet cutes
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books discusses geriatric rep in YA
- AJ @ Read All the Things! asks how accurate Goodreads ratings are
- Rashika @ Xpresso Reads wants to know if you can read too many books
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight shares why she loves graphic novels and comics so much
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books asks if book blogging is still relevant
- Tessa @ Crazy for YA discusses the nonexistent gold standard in book rating
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books talks about irrational book envy (though I say it’s totally legit!)
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current penned a letter to her newbie blogger self
- Dayna @ Fine Print breaks down the anatomy of a book cover
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Slow cover month. Idk what even this last book is about?
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- It has been Ten. Freaking. Months. since Praimfaya. But….. IT IS TRAILER TIME, Bitches!! Watch the epicness, and then try to keep your cool til the 24th. I dare you.
- I think I took a bit of a hiatus there for awhile. Oops? I mean, it wasn’t *technically* one (but only because I said so- it’s my blog, I do what I want) but… I am not against taking more of them in the future. I mean, look, we’re all still here, right? And let’s be real, did you even know I was gone? I didn’t even know I was gone, for goodness sake!
- Who else is SO excited that it is finally spring? I mean, it *might* actually be done snowing? And spring brings all kinds of fun shenanigans, and YAY. Do any of you have any exciting things planned for spring?