Welcome to February’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Scholastic, Bloomsbury, Penguin, Abrams, and Macmillan for these lovely books!
Huge thanks to Wednesday Books, Candlewick, HMH, and Sky Pony
I only bought two books, and frankly I don’t think that is bad. I only spent like, $14 total.
Thanks for the trades, trading peeps! Clearly I am doing an awesome job of unhauling ?
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 13 books this month! I suppose that isn’t *terrible* considering it was a short month? We’ll just ignore the fact that several were graphic novels ?
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Tanya @ GirlXOXO shares a very helpful master list of book blogging memes
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity tells us why she loves the book blogging community
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley offers tips to survive a book buying ban
- Kymberlee @ All the Diversity asks if we should judge books we haven’t read
- Greg @ Book Haven asks if you post reviews right after reading
- Ali @ The Bandar Blog wants to know if there is one perfect book out there
- Sammie @ The Writerly Way discusses why adults read YA
- Neryeda @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist talks about handling blogging when there’s just not enough time
- Rebeccah @ The Pixie Chronicles wants to know what happened to New Adult?
- Leonora @ Death by a Thousand Paper Cuts asks why creepy boyfriends in YA are still a thing (SERIOUSLY!)
- Cait @ Paper Fury explains what bookworms really want
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books asks if it is fair to compare books
- AJ @ Read All the Things! shares some strange things she’s found in books
- Rashika @ Xpresso Reads offers 15 book options for “new adult” readers!
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight shares the strangest reviews she’s written
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books talks about why and how you can support book bloggers
- Anna @ Read and Repeat asks if shorter reviews are better
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction shares some great reasons to get to know bookish friends
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books talks about what makes her follow a blogger
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current discusses her hatred of hardbacks
- Dayna @ Fine Print talks about beating book intimidation
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
LOTS of new beauties this month. And apparently, our new theme is shades of purple? Okay then!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- It has been nine months since Praimfaya. Praimfaya could have reproduced and had baby Praimfayas by now. The good news? We have less than two months til Eden!! And the trailer should be out basically any day now!
- Zombies might have taken over my life. I binged Fear the Walking Dead in record time (for me, at least) and then… might as well watch The Walking Dead, right? I don’t love it *quite* as much, but I’m still pretty into it. Also, read a zombie book for the first time in years, so seriously, it’s been Zombie Month. Thanks to the assholes on Twitter who spoiled TWD as soon as it returned. I didn’t need to be surprised. (Seriously Twitter, can we not?)
- I really don’t have much exciting to share right now! I mean, maybe cause it’s still winter (though I have been wearing flip flops the past few days and I am not sorry) or maybe cause it was a short month, but… maybe you guys have exciting stories to share, because I sure as hell do not.