Welcome to April’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
For Review/From Publishers:
Thanks to Penguin and Tor!!
via Edelweiss, thanks to HarperTeen; via Netgalley,thanks to Berkley, Atlantic Monthly Press, and Carolrhoda Books
NONE. I was kind of amazing this month. Don’t worry, I have about 2872 pre-orders coming this month 😉
OH but I did get theseeee! Because of course I did hahah.
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 15 books. Apparently, I max out at 15? Still, I’ll take it.
So, this was a mostly good reading month again! The Valiant was my fave- it got added to my all-time favorites list, so. But there were a lot of good ones, all of which I will be reviewing sooooon. (As in, someone please hand over some motivation because look at all these books I have to review 😳)
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Cait @ Paper Fury explains why fangirling is hard.
- Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books put together a Spring Break 2017 post full of books and looks!
- Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads discusses the pros and cons of telling people about your blog
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook talks Bookstagram: Then versus Now
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction explains why everything she ever told you about blogging is wrong (kind of)
- Veronika @ The Regal Critiques offers us some first lines of books that will blow you away
- Krysta @ Pages Unbound discusses the real problems with insta-love
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook explains why she decided to make a whole new Goodreads account (I find this to be a good idea, tbh)
- Rashika @ Xpresso Reads teaches us how to read a book in 6 simple steps
- Ella @ Of Wonderland shares things she does NOT love about Kindles
- Dayna @ Fine Print talks about when book recommendations go wrong
- Greg @ Book Haven discusses the evolution of book covers
- CJ @ Sarcasm & Lemons asks what everyday stuff you never see in YA books
- Rissi @ Finding Wonderland discusses monetization in book blogging
- Cristina @ Girl in the Pages wants to know how much you are reading annually
- Pamela Nicole @ Reverie Society explains why book blogging doesn’t mean what you think it does
- Kristen @ Moonlight and Metaphors shares some fabulously weird book titles that made me chuckle a lot!
- Cait @ Paper Fury talks about things that book bloggers should not feel guilty about
This month flew by. I seriously don’t understand how it is May already. I don’t even know what I did in April. Did I do anything? I suppose not. Legit spent 20 minutes trying to come up with some fun anecdote to share and yet… nothing.
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Apparently I am digging a particular kind of cover this month… 🤔
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- The 100 is BACK. Which means you’ll inevitably see me spending tons of time writing updates and making gifs. #NotSorry.
- Everything, Everything comes out on the 19th! Will you be seeing it? I am super excited for it, I adore Amandla! (I mean… she was Rue, come on!)
- ALA planning with Holly! I hope lots of you middle-of-the-country people can come, since it is in Chicago! And on a weekend, which is helpful for sure! Let me know if I will see you there 😉
Happy May, loves!
It’s been like, 20 years and this will never not make me chuckle, because I legit thought those were the lyrics, much to the chagrin of my friends who were rabid NSYNC fans. 😂