Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
Pictures link to Goodreads!!
Via Netgalley, thanks Sourcebooks Fire!!
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (UK edition!)
I read three books, but mind you, I spent over a week reading Heir of Fire. That’s a long time.
It wasn’t the best reading week ever, it wasn’t the worst. Don’t kill me but… while I liked HoF, it could have been a few
hundred pages shorter.
On the Blog:
- On Monday, I gushed about Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway
- This week’s Top Ten Tuesday… had nothing to do with what I actually posted 😉
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway, Val @ The Innocent Smiley, and I all posted a part of our discussion of Throne of Glass
- I asked if you were a Part-Time Perfectionist on Friday!
- The June Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- The June New Release Hop is going on until the end of the month!
- Lots of time left to enter to win an ARC of The Boy Most Likely To!
Fun in the Blogosphere:
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley & Ely @ A Book So Fathomless are hosting a VERY fun reading challenge, called “Make Me Read It Read-A-Thon”. You guys can vote on my books to read at the end of this post!
- Lola @ Lola’s Reviews talks about her likes and dislikes regarding Netgalley
- Cait @ Paper Fury tells us why she always finishes books (I feel you, Cait. I feel you.)
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence explains why she’d like an “off” button for social media.
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books writes a sweet post sharing her admiration for bloggers
- Cassie @ The Magical Adventures of Cassie the Weird asks how you blog, and discusses her methods!
- Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl asks if a blogger’s worth is determined by how many books they read.
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales is celebrating her 6 month Blogoversary!
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books wants to know what the best course of action is if you have nothing nice to say about a book.
- Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings talks about her obsession with the dystopian genre!
- Ashley @ Nose Graze explains why it makes complete sense that blog tour organizers allow only positive reviews (I really, really agree with what she has to say here!)
- Larissa @ YA Midnight Reads posted an amazing discussion that every woman (and man who associates with women!) should read about self-acceptance and unattainable societal standards. Seriously, GO READ THIS.
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives suffers from Book Amnesia (I do too, the struggle is real!!)
- Christy & Erica @ Novel Ink posted their latest OTP Battle: It’s ME (Katniss and Peeta, obviously) versus Kirsty-Marie @ Studio Reads (Celaena & Chaol). Everyone who votes for Katniss & Peeta gets a cookie!
Ohhh there are things! First, I will be posting my big, huge, kind of epic if I do say so myself, 1K Giveaway!! I am going to wait until the monthly giveaway has ended, so prepare for that next week! Also, I will be asking you guys to help out and answer some questions in the near future!
I am going to not-review some books, post a review of Paperweight, and probably do a tag or discussion. You just never know 😉
Now, which book should I read for the “Make Me Read It Read-A-Thon”? I will probably be able to read 3 or 4 books in that time period, so.. you get to choose 3!!