Welcome to October’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome. As always, I link up with the Wrap Up Round Up, too!
For Review/From Publishers:
Thanks so much to the authors and publishers! So excited for these!
Huge thanks to the publishers for these lovelies! I am so excited for all of them! Last month, I was proud for not over-requesting. This month, I’m very much back on my bullshit, so.
Too tired to link, for I acquired too many books.
Nothing this month!
Thanks to no one ♥♥ (heh)
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 12 books this month. Look, I can’t even be mad, because some of these books were long! I mean, Wayward was over 800 pages, so that is legit like 3 books right there. And a few more were over 500 pages!
Pretty good bunch, this.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Tânia @ My Lovely Secret asks if your comfort books are the same as your favorite books
- Beth @ Bethwyrm wraps up her Piratathon event
- Laura @ Daydreaming Dragons asks if you take breaks in between books
- AJ @ Read All the Things! recommends books in all her favorite genres
- Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense shares a great list of 2023 Latine author releases
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books shares unsettling YA books for the spooky season
- Louise @ Monstrumology shares Black horror she’s excited for
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books discusses book titles and their meanings
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- VOTE! If you haven’t already, do the thing! I did, my ballot has been received and recorded, and now I can feel like I am going to vomit from now until whenever the heck the results are in, fun!
- I am pretty stoked that it is almost November! I am a wee bit like a child, who gets excited for her birthday, but here we are. Plus, Veteran’s Day, and Thanksgiving mean days off from work! When I was younger and in better shape, swim season was getting into full gear by then too, which I loved. So even though fall isn’t my fave… I do enjoy November!
- Halloween is today! I obviously do not have pictures of the kids trick-or-treating, but Lena went to a trunk-or-treat with a friend last week, and I forced Sam to put on his costume for you, so… you’re welcome! (Lena now has a very fun bloody hat from The Walking Dead to wear, so visualize that, yeah?)