Welcome to May’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome. As always, I link up with the Wrap Up Round Up, too!
For Review/From Publishers:
Hugest of thanks to the publishers for these lovelies!
Huge thanks to the publishers for these lovelies! (SO many most-anticipated books here!)
Last Day by Domenica Ruta ♦ The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia ♦ The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan ♦ Luck of the Titanic by Stacey Lee ♦ Persist by Elizabeth Warren ♦ The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah ♦ Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro ♦ Thelonious Jaha Funko by Sonya Collections
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 13 books this month. Less than usual, but there were some really long ones in here. Luckily, they were also really good!
A very winning bunch, frankly.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Anna @ The Book Critter explores dystopian fiction (my fave!)
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books discusses her move to self-hosting a blog
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books shares her distaste for big books (hard same tbh)
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds updates us on out of control special editions
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators asks whether you need a blogging schedule
- Beth @ Bethwyrm put Sistah SciFi on my (and hopefully your!) radar
- Lory @ Entering the Enchanted Castle asks how you are handling the block editor
- Marie & Guests @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books talk about why book blogs are an asset
- Louise @ Monstrumology shares movies that were (gasp) better than the book
- Laura @ Daydreaming Dragons discusses the pros and cons of rereading
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- What the heck happened in May? Guys I have no idea. I feel like… maybe nothing? 🤷♀️ Lena did get her green belt in karate, so that was good. Sammy had to miss a month when he had his surgery, and they were worried he’d be too far behind so he’ll hopefully get his later in the summer. My parents opened their pool so hopefully we can go swimming soon. That’s really it, it was a slow month!