Welcome to April’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome. As always, I link up with the Wrap Up Round Up, too!
For Review/From Publishers:
Hugest of thanks to the publishers for these (pics link to Goodreads for more info!) two hugely anticipated books!
Huge thanks to the publishers for these lovelies! (SO many most-anticipated books here!)
I wasn’t too bad this month. I feel like I have a few pre-orders and such coming next month though, whoops. 🤷♀️
None this month!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 16 books this month. Not bad, considering I got really sick in the middle of the month and basically read nothing!
Gah, there were some good books here! A couple of “meh”s, but nothing totally abysmal, yay! (Confession: I did DNF one of these, but I think it was me, not the book.)
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Ahaana @Windows to Worlds talks about diversity and inclusivity in YA Fantasy
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books has tips to overcome reading and blogging fatigue (wow guys I need these!)
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators discusses bookish stereotypes
- Hasini @ Bibliosini discuses how reading affects her mental health
- Sammie @ The Bookwyrm’s Den talks about what makes a good book boy/girlfriend
- Louise @ Monstrumology shares what she’d like to see about autism in media
- Laura @ Daydreaming Dragons talks about blogging slumps
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty. (Also I know I double-dipped with Iron Widow, but in fairness, I’d made the post before I got approved for it and didn’t have time to find a new pretty cover.)
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- April was weird. I got fully vaccinated (yay!) but the kids each spent half the month in quarantine (boo!) which meant that someone was always on lockdown. This is probably because their classmates refuse to listen to the rules and regale the class with tales of their trips to the indoor water park (fucking really?), slumber parties, and other activities that probably should be avoided during the pandemic. Just a thought. 🤷♀️
- As such, we spent Easter, the first time I should have been able to see my extended family in literally a year, by ourselves. My aunt did still do a mini-egg hunt for the kids, but we did it alone hah 😂 It was nice of her, regardless! So anyway, pictures are limited, but here you are!