Welcome to March’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome. As always, I link up with the Wrap Up Round Up, too!
For Review/From Publishers:
Hugest of thanks to Fierce Reads for the Firekeeper’s Daughter box, Big Honcho Media and Netflix for the Moxie box, and Bloomsbury for Violet Ghosts! (Which, I have been referring to as “Violent Ghosts”, whoops. Big difference, I bet.)
Huge thanks to the publishers for these lovelies! (SO many most-anticipated books here!)
I wasn’t as bad this month. Though I also really had to work to not buy anything, so many books came out, and I will only be able to resist so long. So basically good luck to me in April. 🤷♀️
A History of What Comes Next by Sylvain Neuvel ♦ In the Quick by Kate Hope Day ♦ On a Sunbeam by Tille Walden ♦ That Way Madness Lies by Dahlia Adler et al ♦ The Erasure Initiative by Lili Wilkinson ♦ Jordan Jasper Green Funko by Sonya Collections
Thanks to S&S for the big ol’ box of books! And thanks to the pub for We Are Inevitable, and funny story about The Bridge, someone tried to sell me an ARC which I got very mad about, obviously, so they gave me my money back and said to keep the book, so this I consider a “gift” bwahha.
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 16 books this month. Not bad! Would have been more if my Kindle hadn’t died on me, but alas.
This was a really great batch of books! Like- impressively so, tbh.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- AJ @ Read All the Things! shares some very fun book covers and their synopses, and I laughed a lot
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books has tips for writing a blog post people will want to read
- Tanya @ Girl Plus Books discusses the curse of the three star review
- Hasini @ Bibliosini explains why she doesn’t do BookTube
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction talks spending money (and how to do it ethically) on blogging
- Amber @ Du Livre tells us how she weeds her shelves
- Lili @ Lili Lost in a Book breaks down how her reading has changed in the past decade
- Alice @ Alchemy Bookshop has some recommendations for getting started with sci-fi (and I definitely agree with a ton of these!)
- Louise @ Monstrumology wonders if she is becoming a mood reader
- Laura @ Daydreaming Dragons explains why she doesn’t like love triangles
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Is it just me or did March go by really fast? Idk but wow it did and also I don’t feel like much happened either? I did get my first COVID vaccine, so that was good! The kids went back to school in person for two days. (They’ll be off now for two weeks, Idk, it’s weird.) And… I really can’t think of anything else, so.
- The 100 Bookish Games is sadly over. Congrats to Beth and Anne, winners as Team ALIE. Yes, ALIE won, humanity has collapsed I guess. I’m not even that sad about it 🤷♀️😂