I mean, don’t read them all on my birthday. That’s absurd! I started this post a few days ago, and since, things have been all sorts of fun. I went back to work, after being assured that it’d be safe, despite a terrifyingly high number of COVID cases. Walk in, mask wearing is basically non-existent. My supervisor who is with me is completely nonplused. Text someone at the office, who says they’ll talk to the family. Supervisor talks to the family who basically says nah, kid’s not wearing a mask. I get a call from office, saying that I can either go to the places, or lose my job. I tearfully explain that the only reason I went back to work in the middle of a pandemic even though I am high-risk is because I am the sole provider for my children. But also as such, if something happened to me, they’d have no one. They gave exactly zero fucks, and that is how I lost my job the day before my birthday! (They also said that they’d deny any unemployment claims because “work is available”. Like okay but not safe work? Masks are literally a state mandate so… 🤷♀️
ANYWAY. I somehow managed to do this post regardless? And I decided to link them to Amazon instead of Goodreads because… well, I am poor and unemployed bwhahah. Also- this was hard! I realized a few things here:
- My Favorites shelf is woefully neglected! Half the books on it are books I wouldn’t consider faves, and half the ones I do love aren’t there! Guess I have some work to do!
- I have a lot by the same authors, so I had to pick because it seemed fairer that way. It’s like Sophie’s Choice!
- I only put series starters, but if it’s on here, you can assume I liked the whole thing!
- You’d think a person could narrow down 38 books easily but… you’d be mistaken.
- 5. I tried to include a variety of genres and age ranges, as well as both backlist and more current titles. So, hopefully something for everyone!