This felt like such a classic The 100 episode, you gotta love it! Yes, it was frustrating to see Bellamy still drinking the Kool-Aid (speaking of which, those Disciple sneakers are 100% Cult Sneakers™ and you’ll never tell me otherwise), but there was a lot of angst and awesome to be had in this one!
Just a reminder, spoilers galore!! Like ALL the spoilers- proceed with caution!
The tension on Bardo is, as we all presumed, palpable. Everyone is rightfully pissed at Bellamy for his shenanigans, and even Bellamy looks a bit contrite. So he goes to see his new… Shepherd (eyes rolling right the heck out of my head) to gain some insight. Bellamy brings up that Anders’ death must have been upsetting to Cadogan (which, finally someone mentions the poor dead fool), to which Cadogan responds that nah, he gives exactly two fucks about Anders, which is twice the amount of fucks he gave about any other First Disciples, so wow Anders just feels the love from the beyond, yeah? Cadogan realizes it’s a test, and Bellamy looks properly chastised. Thing is, and I do hope Mr. Blake was paying attention, while Cadogan was beyond unbothered by Anders, he made a deal with Bellamy to get info on his own family. So basically, “For All Mankind” my ass.
First up on the Bellamy Blake Disciple Tour™ is a quick meet-and-greet with (former?) girlfriend and family members Echo and Raven. Bellamy is cold with these women he’s supposed to love, frankly. Raven is done with his sanctimonious bullshit from the start, so he has her whisked away to M-Cap.
So now, he finally has the room with Echo. You’d think, considering they’re supposed to be lovers, that he’d give, Idk, literally any fucks about her feelings here, but alas. Like I was mad at Bellamy. Echo is heartbroken, and frankly I didn’t blame her.
Wow how very dare you, Bellamy Blake?
Like- unless Bellamy hit his damn head on that mountain, he has to know that this decision of his will gut her. How could it not!? He betrayed her, and she had spent straight up half a decade trying to save him. I was on screen cheering for her to ditch him, because Current Bellamy Blake does not deserve the awesomeness of Echo kom Azgeda. I said what I said.
Meanwhile, Hope and Jordan are having a little Unsocialized Intergalactic Orphans™ meeting, and Hope is so devastated, which obviously. I was high key sad that Jordan didn’t lead with “well, my dad killed my grandma twice so beat that!”, but I can handle it. It’s true that they have so much in common, and he can understand her desperation and loneliness. I dig it.
Unsocialized Intergalactic Orphans™ are kind of the best, though.
When Bellamy makes his next rounds on the Disciple Tour™, it’s to meet O and Clarke, who have just had a really sweet bonding moment over being surrogate moms. The thing I love here is that everything else was just… swept away, and these women are here for each other. You can just… see it. They’ve moved past the past, basically. Then, in walks Bellamy to spoil the mood.
He’s thankfully more contrite with Octavia and Clarke, which honestly only goes to further the point about how he treats Echo. He keeps insisting that he is trying to save them, which he is, I guess. But he’s literally trying to mansplain cults to them. Like the two of them, and even more especially Octavia, haven’t been living with the ramifications of this bullshit cult for years. So he thinks Clarke should just go ahead and hand over the Flame, and then it’ll all be just super.
Ah, Bellarke moments no one asked for.
Clarke realizes all the problems with this, namely that Bill Cadogan is garbage and will literally kill humanity, but Bellamy can’t seem to get that, and ships her off to M-Cap next. She refuses, as we knew she would, and is hemorrhaging. Eventually, she cuts a deal to save everyone else, which we also knew she would.
No seriously Bellamy, go float yourself.
So Cadogan gets everyone lined up in the Stone Room, sending the fighters first. Which I can understand, fine. Only… he doesn’t send them to Sanctum. Instead, he sends them
to Earth somewhere else, somewhere he told no one about, as an insurance policy.
Someone needs to find Cadogan a barber, or a shower or something. There’s one there, Bellamy found it!
He keeps Clarke (for obvious reasons), Gabriel and Raven cause they know stuff, and a few of his trusted Disciples (yes, including Bellamy), and off they head to Sanctum. Where all kinds of chaos awaits!
We open in Sanctum on a pretty bleak note. Sheidheda is making legit every person on the moon kneel to him. Kneeling, chess, murder, and food seem to be all that matters to this guy, but okay. Murphy and Emori easily choose kneeling, and then hightail it to the machine shop. Nikki and the rest of the EIV Prisoners are up next. Nikki is no fool, she’ll take a knee, probably while cursing him in her mind, smart woman. EIV follows her, and they’re allowed to leave. Next up is Nelson, who now prefers to be known as Sachin, and the remaining Children of Gabriel.
Ugh. Sheidheda massacred them without another thought. Though he oddly enough gave Nelson/Sachin a second chance to kneel after killing all his people. I don’t fully understand what the purpose was, but I think we all knew that Nelson was standing by his convictions until the end. Sheidheda has no time for people who aren’t willing to follow, so. That was that. Horrible to watch, honestly.
Sheidheda instructs Indra that she and Trikru are to clean the mess. Indra’s patience is that of a saint, truly. You can tell how hard this is for her, playing the long game, but she’s rocking it as always. What does Indra find when she goes to clean up the COGs? Why, a live one! Lucky, young Luca has managed to survive, probs cause he’s a kid and shorter? All I could think of anyway. So she brings him to Memori’s
love den machine shop hidey hole. Emori takes Luca downstairs, where an adorably concerned Madi wants to know how to help, while Indra takes off.
Us too, Indra. Us too.
But whoopsie, someone has followed Indra on Sheids’ orders, and into the shop comes a very armed Nikki, who wanted to kill Murphy on a good day, nevermind that it may keep her alive now. Luckily, Murphy is able to lure her downstairs and catch her off guard enough that she can be hit over the head and tied up. He’s actually super sweet to her (in his special snarky way, obvs), explaining why Hatch died. For her. And how he didn’t want her to waste the chance Hatch gave her. But let’s be real, she’s the least of their problems.
While Knight is breaking Sheidheda a thrown of actual skulls and the freaking Anomaly Stone, Sheids realizes that Nikki never came back, so off he trots himself, with a bunch of armed assholes, to the shop. Murphy and Emori see them on the monitor, and Murphy knows he has to go. Obviously Emori hates this plan, but Murphy has just gone straight to hell with the selflessness, and he won’t let her go with him.
He does a fabulous job faking some kind of fight, but Sheids is having none of it. Then, Emori comes on the intercom and is like “fellas, we’ve got literally not a damn thing to lose, we will blow this shit sky high” which… is a fair point. So Sheidheda steals Murphy for some chessin’ and tells the guards to wait out Emori, Madi, and the hidden Sanctumites. It’s not ideal, but luckily, they’re about to have some unexpected company.
The most ironic part is that it has been only what, two days on Sanctum? Yikes.
Heh. There is nothing not hilarious about this. Cadogan is going to have a field day with Sheidheda and his shit. Honestly, if anyone is a walking, talking brochure for the Last War, it’s Malachi kom Sangedakru. These are the most absurd, egocentric men in the universe, and they are about to meet and I cannot freaking wait.
- Now EVERYONE is on Earth! I am giddy excited for O, Echo, and the gang to run smack into Gaia and Orlando. Like that I absolutely refuse to accept an alternative to this? Yeah I’ve thrown in completely.
- Idk if I prefer Cadogan to kill Sheidheda, or vice versa, but can one of them help us out? You know, let our people not have do do the dirty work for a change. I genuinely don’t even care which one dies! 🤷♀️
- I am honestly so pissed that Miller’s scenes with Bellamy were cut. Those would have really meant something, frankly. Seeing Miller go back to Team Bellamy after the Wonkru situation, and now seeing Bellamy betraying him… yeah that would have been awesome, and it was rude that they cut it.
- Why did Bellamy get a shitty bowl of broth instead of the 2K Lunch Special? Is this more Cadogan hypocrisy? Wow if Bellamy knew Gabriel got an açai bowl for breakfast, he’s gonna be pissed. Heh maybe that is what sends him back to the side of our heroes. Not common sense or trust, but shitty meal options.
- How is Bellamy not questioning why/how Echo and Octavia are many years (even decades) older? I mean, Cadogan probably fed him some bullshit but how does he care so little about his family right now? Especially since family was kind of his jam for so long? That is the part that I can’t make sense of, honestly.
- Unfortunate that Jordan didn’t get to explain the Test theory/host Korean 101 before he was sent to
Polislocales unknown. But at least Gabriel knows? Fingers crossed? (Thanks to Kritika for reminding me of this, I was mostly just excited for Jordan to visit his ancestral home 😂)
- Hey time out, where is Levitt!? And why isn’t he joining the Sanctum party, or even better, Earth Party?
Episode 7×13: Blood Giant
Okay this hiatus is pure evil. They’re over here trying to tell me I have to wait til September 9th for some kind of resolution? Don’t these fools understand we’re in both a pandemic and an unstable societal climate and we may not last that long? Rude.
- Woot, red sun toxin in the house! Honestly though, I am wholly unsure how some of these people could act any more ridiculous, so that’ll be a trip.
- Hopefully Murphy is still immune? It’s extra helpful now that they know he’s truly immune.
- HEY maybe Red Sun Toxin can like, undo cultish brainwashing? A girl can dream, right?🤷♀️
- I doubt we’ll see everyone
on Earthnext episode. But in 7×14, literally titled “A Sort of Homecoming”? It’s Earth or bust! (Read: It’s Earth or me feeling like an utter fool for being so insistent about it 😂)
- Maybe Gabriel knows where some antitoxin is! Except don’t give any to Bellamy, let him feel this one, Gabe. He needs it. Because maybe he can have an awakening like O did!
- Speaking of Gabriel, how sad is he going to be? I mean, he has one child left. It’s just… singular Child of Gabriel, wow. Frankly he cannot catch a break and it’s rude.