Welcome to April’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Hugest of thanks to Fierce Reads and Page Street Kids!
Huge thanks to the publishers, so many most-anticipated books here!
Just a few Kindle deals (and fine one book I ordered last minute that showed up just in time!) for me this month!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 11 books this month. Which sounds kinda low considering quarantine, but alas.
Okay but these were high quality books, guys. Like wow nearly ALL are 4 or 5 stars. Except one which I sort of hated but honestly that’s fun too.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books shares how her quarantine is going (and if this isn’t a MOOD, guys!)
- Lindsi @ Do You Dog Ear? wants to know what you do with the books you DNF
- Sabrina @ Wordy and Whimsical discusses why some books stay unrated
- Sammie @ The Bookwyrm’s Den confesses the ways in which she’s a bad reader
- Greg @ Book Haven discusses why we love fantasy worlds
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library shares what it’s like being an educator during this upheaval
- Cait @ Paper Fury answers your author questions and celebrates The Boy Who Steals Houses’ first birthday!!
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books explains how she plans her blog’s content
- Malka & Chana @ Paper Procrastinators have some great
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction is very happy that her teenagers are reading again
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books wants to know if books have to be so heavy
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Quality of quantity, but I’ll take it!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- The 100. Season 7. May 20th. No trailer. Seriously guys you gotta give us something, the people are thirsty! I’m probably going to get a recap of Season 6 together soon, so stay tuned if you haven’t rewatched a million times like some people and need a refresher! Also I have a bunch of pals joining the band, so it won’t just be me rambling, wooo!
- Scythe Bookish Games has ended… and Town won!! I am very happy, of course, and also, MVP which made me as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning! A new edition is starting on May 6, so make sure you sign up for emails or follow them on Twitter so you can play (or just watch if that’s your jam!)
- Does anyone do video edits and have tips? I am really wanting to do some, and I have ideas and I am scared. Advice and/or guidance would be quite appreciated!
- How are we holding up, loves? I am mostly okay. Stir crazy, moments of panic, but otherwise okay. My aunt is quite sick and I am worried of course, so keep her in your thoughts if you have any good juju to spare!
- Any Mother’s Day gift ideas? My mom is either really easy to buy for, or really hard to buy for. And this year it happens to be the latter.