Welcome to November’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Nothing this month!
Huge thanks to Inkyard Press, Simon & Schuster, Flux, Harper, Candlewick, and Tor !!
Two sequels that I desperately needed and pre-ordered. Not bad, Past Shannon.
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 11 books this month. Which frankly isn’t terrible considering The Toll was long enough for 3 books.
Most of these were really good. One of them might have been an epically rare DNF. But it balances out as the rest were good. So.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books shares five lessons learned in five years of blogging
- Veronika @ Wordy and Whimsical asks if YA books are becoming too expensive
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books wants to know how you handle backlist books
- Greg @ Book Haven shares some romantic comics (who the heck knew these existed?!)
- Sammie @ The Writerly Way shares some bookish things she’s thankful for
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wonders if Bloglovin is a thing of the past
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library talks about why she’s no longer rating on Goodreads
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares the “bad blogger habits” she’s developed
- Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads talks shelf-sorting (with drool-worthy pictures!)
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty. Not a ton that I loved this month but these are freaking worth it.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Not much news on The 100 but… I am going to Unity Days as #Presskru! It is a straight up dream come true, so to say I am excited is an understatement! I’ll be heading to Vancouver (another place I have always wanted to go, because The 100) in January, so I will have lots of info to share with you all coming up!
- Thanksgiving happened, and it was… you know. The usual. But these two turkeys wanted to wish you all a happy belated Thanksgiving:
- The Bookish Games are over…. and your girl WON! Fine not only did she WIN but she’s one of the MVPs, which is something I have always, always wanted to be!