Welcome to January’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Entangled Teen, Scholastic, and Disney & Big Honcho Media!!
Huge thanks to Random House, Disney, & Candlewick for the review copies!
I only bought two Kindle cheapies and I am impressed with my restraint in general. Be proud, friends. Be very proud!
Hugest of thanks to these lovelies: Rashika (who was my Secret Santa!) for the books and goodies, Chana & Malka @ Paper Procrastinators for the lovely package, Emma @ Miss Print, and Author Ellie Marney!!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 11 books this month. I was doing okay! And then I got super sick and so then I didn’t do so great but such is life.
This was such a “meh” month! A couple of these were pretty good, but nothing above a 4 star until Warrior of the Wild. Eh, they can’t all be mind-blowing months!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Nicolette @ Book Punks talks about how reading can promote activism
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books wants to know if fellow book bloggers need a reading schedule
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current asks if the future of books is digital
- Greg @ Book Haven compares sci-fi 2019 predictions to our current
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds wants to know how out of control your backlist is (very, Tracy. VERY.)
- Rissi @ Finding Wonderland discusses what happens when you DNF
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction shares the things she learned about Fairytales from the Grimm Brothers
- Nyx @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books asks if book length matters
- Stephanie @ Chasm of Books talks about being a burnt out book blogger
- Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic explains why a new year is exciting for bookpeople
- Malka & Chana @ Paper Procrastinators ask if romance is a plotline
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books discusses pursuing art and literature in the Philippines
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Look at all the pretty colors, woooo!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- I am MOVING in a few days, knock on wood. Because you never know when things can go wrong, right? But hopefully! And when I do, I will take bookshelf pictures or something fun. But also, expect me to be busy as heck, and also really tired but I promise I will do my best here!
- I have also over-scheduled myself for February. Too many ARCs, too many tours, but honestly, did I know I’d be moving? No. I also didn’t know that I’d be sick for a huge chunk of January either. Le sigh. Wish me luck!
- The 100 Season 6 premiere date has been announced: Get ready for April 30! This also means that I really need to get my shit together and do that wrap-up I keep promising ?
- Bookish Games started! But also I am dead already. #JahaOut
Day Two of The Bookish Games is now live!
The player eliminated during Night One? @ShannonMiz. She was Thelonious Jaha from The 100, Neighbourizer.
— Bookish Games (@bookishgames) January 22, 2019
- Is everyone nice and sick of winter yet? I am. The snow. The cold. The lack of The 100. It all must end. 😀