We came up with this challenge because we wanted to encourage our fellow book bloggers to not only read more (since there are already lots of challenges for that), but talk more too! <strong>Well, it’s been SO successful these last three years that we decided to bring it back!</strong>
So often, we book bloggers <em>mean</em> to post more discussions on our blogs, but we just don’t quite get around to it. Well, we wanted to give everyone a little motivation to keep the discussions going, plus give us a place to link up our discussions so that more people will see our precious words of wisdom (or … you know … our GIF-filled rants).
I hope you’ll join us for this challenge and pledge yourself to posting more discussions in this upcoming year. I promise we’ll have lots of fun talking together! We’ve found that the Discussion Challenge is its own little community
Here’s All You Have to Do:
- The 2018 Book Blog Discussion Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2018.
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Central. (So, you can sign up all year long! Come join us!)
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. There is no need to say what your discussion posts will be about – just tell us that you’re joining and let us know what your goal is. (Please note, you may do this in an update post, or a post of other challenges—you’re not required to make a completely separate post—but you can if you’d like!)
- Please link back to both challenge hosts and include the challenge button in your sign-up posts.
- There will be a kick-off post on January 1, 2018 on both Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight where you’ll be able to leave your links for any January discussions. At the beginning of every month, a new post will go up on both blogs for that month’s links. Every month, we’ll update this 2018 Book Blog Challenge Page with the links to that month’s Challenge linky—so you’ll always know where to find the latest link-up!
- Share it! The more people we get to participate in this, the more awesome discussions we can all be a part of and the more fun it will be! So, invite your friends to join us!
- This challenge is to help get us discussing books and book blogging, so talk about whatever you want as long as it’s relevant to book blogging. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related—no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about you personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post.
- If you forgot to leave your discussion link in the challenge month in which you posted the discussion or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates, though.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways, so make sure you check in each month!
- Every month, we’ll feature our favorite posts from one randomly chosen participant. There will be extra options in the Rafflecopter for commenting on posts by our featured blogger.
- Use the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2018 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter.
- Have questions? Feel free to ask in the comments!
Once a month, we’ll send out an email to all participants who opt-in reminding you to link-up and check out the discussions that have been posted. We promise we won’t use your email for any other reason!
(Nicole says: “I know we weren’t great about this in 2017, but we’ll try to do better this year!” Shannon says: “Nicole did FINE because she did everything except make the form, my contributions are crap, sorry, I will try to remember!”)
1-10 – Discussion Dabbler
11-20 – Creative Conversationalist
21-30 – Chatty Kathy
31-40 – Terrifically Talkative
41+ – Gift of the Gab
Oh look, it’s me being realistic this year! I’m going to aim for… Chatty Kathy. That gives me about one discussion every two weeks? Which let’s be real, all that is happening. It’s doable. If I do more, then great. If not, low expectations for the win!
Use the Linky Below to Sign Up!
Credits for elements used in button: Tracey Monette, Clever Monkey Graphics, B2N2 Scraps, Sweet Digi Scraps, Harper Finch