Welcome to September’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight! I was worried that the graphic may not fit once fall arrived and… well, I think I was right. Also, too lazy to change it right now, maybe next month? Super.
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
HUGE thanks to Harper, Abrams, and Macmillan!!
Pretty books are pretty.
Thanks so much for the trades, people I traded with!! ♥♥♥ I also forgot one, but I will add it in next month!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 14 books, including the hugeness that is Queen of Shadows, so I’d consider it a win! But alas, even the best of the bunch were only about 4-4.5 stars, so it was kind of a “meh” month in general.
Not linking because time. This is why Goodreads and Google are your friends.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit talks about the blogging ebb and flow (which I know I relate to SO much!)
- Terri @ Second Run Reviews tells us how (and why!) she avoids Netgalley
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog shares covers she loves of books she’ll never read!
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway asks how many chances you give authors’ books before giving up
- Pamela @ A Writer’s Tale shares some steps to getting organized with blogging and school
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares how to successfully take a blogging hiatus if that sort of thing is hard for you (OH how it is!)
- Lisa @ Lost in Literature tells us her favorite types of guys in bookish romances
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction discusses the art of the tangent, and wants to know if you go off on them too!
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence talks about diversity that isn’t actually diverse in this thought provoking post
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook shares a few hacks that make blogging easier! (This post is SO helpful!)
- Kaja @ Of Dragons and Hearts talks about friends- and wants to know how we make them!
- Lola @ Lola’s Reviews talks SPAM– and wants to know how you deal with yours!
- Emma @ Miss Print shares her amazing display for Banned Books Week!
- Eva @ All Books Considered asks us if certain authors are sacrosanct
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books wants to know at what point you decide to DNF a book.
- Geraldine @ Corralling Books discusses the various blogging platforms and wants to know which you use
- Sue @ Crushing Cinders asks if sometimes, adults are threatened by YA books
- Hannah @ Hannah Plus Books talks spoilers- the good, the bad, and the ugly!
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters wants to know if you binge books, or savor them
- Jess @ Reading is My Neverland has some thoughts on cliffhangers!
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity has decided to just say no to feeling guilty!
- Liza @ Quite the Novel Idea discusses fandom and social media
- Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books tells us why she is super picky about romances in books.
- Tonyalee @ Lilybloombooks shares her ongoing struggle with consistency
- Liselle @ Lunch Time Librarian tells us all about Litsy (and helps us decide if we need it in our lives!)
- Kristen @ Moonlight & Metaphors talks about why she doesn’t DNF books
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library discusses #ownvoices and options for authors and readers
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current shares ways to tell you’re a book blogger.
I don’t like fall, guys. Sorry to all you pumpkin spice, warm sweater, leaves falling fans out there but… it depresses me. Halloween is kind of fun, though I wish it involved me investing in a bookish costume (and liquor, let’s be real).
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Thoughts? Freedom Swimmer isn’t really new, but it is new to me, thanks to Jeann’s review! And The Pearl Thief says “not final”, but I really want it to be because it is all the prettiness. The best part is, I also want to read all of these books- some of them a lot!!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- I turn THREE in a few days! Fine, the blog does. I turn… well, we’ll deal with that next month 😉
- For a minute, I thought October would be slow. But it isn’t! I already have a bunch of stuff lined up, plus blogoversary fun, and who knows what else (because that is how I roll, as you know).
- Have you been watching any new fall shows? Please share, I am desperate.
- NaNo will be starting before the October recap goes live. So I want to share now that if I decide to do it (and I probably will), I will likely be slowing things down around here for the month. Not a hiatus per se, just a “I need to not stress about the blog quite as much” situation.