Welcome to the ::incoherent tears and uncontrollable sobs:: tour for the final book in the amazing and epic Air Awakens series, Crystal Crowned!!
Series: Air Awakens #5
Published by Silver Wing Press on July 12th 2016
Long live Solaris.
One bloodthirsty ruler has been overthrown by another, casting the shadow of death over the Solaris Empire. Vhalla Yarl stands upon the stage of fate, prepared to do battle one final time. Fragile alliances will be tested and new bonds will be formed as the world is reshaped. She fights as the champion of peace, but when the night is darkest will she be able to pay the price of a new dawn?
- I think it ended at a good place for the story, anything more would have been overkill and anything less would have been unfinished. And it was satisfying, which is huge in a series end.
- The characters developed beautifully, as I had very little doubt that they would! I miss them, I do. It’s hard to let go, especially when I was so, so invested in them. But I let them go at least feeling like their stories had been told, and I can’t ask for anything more than that.
- I had lots of feelings. As usual with this series, I laughed, I cried, I swooned. There was a great mix of emotions, which has always been one of the best parts of the Air Awakens series for me, and Crystal Crowned was no different.
- The focus on family and friendship was definitely at an all time high, and I loved it.
- The romance was on point, as usual. I won’t tell you any more than that, because spoilers!
The only real thing keeping me from giving it a full five stars is that its predecessor (Water’s Wrath) was so incredibly emotional and powerful, that this one perhaps paled a bit in comparison. I don’t think it’s a bad thing, necessarily, because I would not have been happy if the series had ended at the point Water’s Wrath did. In fact, I really think I would have been unhappy if Crystal Crowned had been done any differently. I think it was the perfect wrap up for the series, even if I did find Water’s Wrath to be a bit stronger.
Bottom Line: Look, if you haven’t read this series, do it. There is no reason not to, now that the series is complete and no one has to worry about Finale Fright! I really loved every single minute of this series and Vhalla and company will always have a place in my heart. The writing was gorgeous, the characters were incredibly well developed, and I enjoyed the world tremendously. I really can’t think of any reason not to read this series and about a million reasons to read it, so there you have it.
In case you missed them: The first four epic adventures!!!
Crystal Crowned Release Events!
Facebook Release Party – July 12, 7:00-10:00pm EST
- URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/496464397206520/
- About: Join Elise Kova and friends, Michelle Madow, Susan Dennard, Rachel E. Carter, Leia Stone, C.M. Lucas, Laura Thalassa, and Danielle L. Jensen for the Crystal Crowned release party on Facebook! It will be an evening of fun, games, discussion, giveaways, and more!
Goodreads Fan Club Discussion/AMA – July 30, 7:00-9:00pm EST
- URL: https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/991545-post-crystal-crowned-discussion-with-elise-kova
- About: Join author Elise Kova for two hours of discussion on the conclusion of the Air Awakens series. Bring all your questions!
I think I have posted this before, but I love a quiz- and also, Elise has updated this one, so you can most accurately determine which of the elements you are!
So, DO take the quiz, and I will share which element (unsurprisingly) I am!
I have two giveaways for you today! The first is the tour-wide giveaway, from Elise! It is epic and I am super jealous of whoever wins this- unless it’s me, in which case I am very happy for me.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The second is from me, because well, I love to shove this series at people basically! International also! And I will be sending bookmarks from Crystal Crowned to the winners as well!