Welcome to the first Midnight Digest!!
I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
e-ARCs (Pictures link to Goodreads)
Via Netgalley/Edelweiss, thanks to HMH, Sourcebooks Fire, Gallery Books, and Sky Pony Press!
Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel won via Goodreads
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
What have I read? Lots, since it’s been like, almost a month!
I have already reviewed a few of these, and I am going to do a bunch of mini-reviews probably for Monday. Or Tuesday. Who knows. The point is, you’ll know my feelings on all of these soon. Several of these are stand-outs though! And none outright sucked. So that has to be a win, right?
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley & Ely @ Tea and Titles wrapped up their WWII event!
- Amanda @ Nellie & Co. talks about stats, and why a loyal follower is better than random numbers.
- Brianna & Angelina @ Fable’s Library want to know if you ever feel bad about giving low ratings.
- Rashika @ The Social Potato doesn’t want us to be anxious over ARCs
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit talks us through her process for rating books
- Nereyda @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist addresses the topic of FTC disclosures on social media.
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares lies book bloggers tell themselves
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction discusses the books that intimidate us.
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections wants us to know that being a Hufflepuff is actually fabulous.
- Aila @ One Way or An Author shares some of the more ridiculous character descriptions we see all the time!
- Eva @ All Books Considered wants to know: should ARCs even be a thing?
- Amber @ YA Indulgences talks about the controversial buying/selling of ARCs
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook explains why budgeting for blogging is so important
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books discusses birth control in books
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout asks how much an author influences your reading.
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales gathered a bunch of bloggers (including yours truly) to discuss blogging insecurities.
I have missed recapping! But not enough to make it a full time thing 😉 I think monthly might work for me. And that works out nicely, since this is the end of February and such.
I have decided that since I am not doing this all the time, I would add covers that have been released that I am in love with!! I am not linking them or anything, I just want to….
Share the pretty!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- I miss you guys! Tell me what’s new!
- Any other new covers that you are loving?
- Allegiant is coming out in a couple weeks. You plan on seeing it? I do, because I am a masochist, I suppose.