This Week at Midnight, Val is here!
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
Thanks to Penguin Teen, Macmillan, and Entangled Teen!
Via Netgalley thanks to Delacorte
I cannot even pick! I am seriously afraid of the fall I am going to have, because this good reading streak is wayyyy too good to last.
Posts this Week:
- I reviewed the anthology I See Reality
- I caved and posted some books new to my TBR
- The tour for The Love That Split the World stopped here on Wednesday!
- And then I did some mini reviews!
- The January Discussion Challenge link up and giveaway is happening!
- The January New Release Hop has begun too!
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence wonders if perhaps we are getting too desensitized to death in books.
- Cait @ Paper Fury discusses the benefits of being a nice, friendly human.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction needs to know what type of main character you would be in a YA book!
- Silvara @ Fantasy of the Silver Dragon wants to know if you purge your books. (I do not, as we know. Because hoarding.)
- Nick & Nereyda (and a whole bunch of bloggers!) @ Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist share some of their blogging confessions (and the internet exploded. But that’s irrelevant.)
- Bee, Rachel, & Liza (formerly of Istyria Book Blog and Reading with ABC, respectively,) are now @ Quite the Novel Idea!
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout wants to know which villain deaths are the most satisfying!
- Aentee @ The Social Potato tells us why excuses about lack of diversity are just not valid.
- Amanda @ Nellie and Co. explains how-and why- to shut off blogging at the end of the day (a lesson I need, clearly.)
- Lekeisha @ Lekeisha the Booknerd wants to know if books get extra/unwarranted praise solely because they contain tough subject matter.
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books posted the results of her diversity survey!
- Tonyalee @ Lilybloombooks wants to know if reviews are becoming a lost art.
- Bec @ Readers in Wonderland wonders if you ever get flat-out sick of reading.
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books shares her story of how she learned that she needed to blog her own way.
- Josephine @ Word Revel (Guest Posting on Chasing Faerytales) discusses why token ethnic diversity is not good enough.
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library has started a series about reading in a digital age, and it’s quite intriguing!
- Shay @ The Story Goes… is giving up ARCs, and she’s telling you why.
I don’t have a ton to talk about this week! It was a pretty average week, which I suppose is a good thing! I was pretty proud of reading four books- and four good books at that! The 100 was back, so I was pretty excited all around about that. But basically, I just need like, a helper person. Someone to help me manage time and blogging, and then also, maybe a housekeeper? That would be ideal.
Things we need to talk about this week:
- The 100 is BACK! Did you watch it? Thoughts, opinions?
- Is there such a thing as a blogging assistant? Perhaps a blog intern? Can we make this happen? Would you want one?