This Week at Midnight, it is TWO weeks at Midnight!
With the holidays and such, and an after Christmas book and posting lull, I figured “why bother?” last week. But… that means lots of stuff this week- especially posts in the blogosphere. Everyone has some amazing things to say this week!
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
Thanks to Penguin Teen:
Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury (I am seriously giddy about this one!)
Thanks to Merit Press:
Via Edelweiss, thanks to HarperTeen!
December 26- January 1
The Girl From Everywhere. Holy crap, I loved this book. Talk about the best possible way to start the new year!
Posts this Week:
- I listed 73 books I wanted in 2016. Not ten, like one was supposed to. Oopsie?
- I did three end of the year surveys!
- The January New Release Hop Sign Ups are up! And I am nervous about doing it alone, so you know, sign up! 😀
- The January Discussion Challenge Link Up went live too!
- I talked about what happened in 2015, and what I was excited for in 2016 instead of doing a weekly recap last week!
Banished. But these books are all good. I am honestly scared at how good my start to the year is. Is it a jinx?
- The January Discussion Challenge link up and giveaway is happening!
- I have TWO Christmas giveaways happening!! YAY!
Posts this Week:
- I reviewed The Mystery of Hollow Places by Rebecca Podos
- There were resolutions made during this week’s Top Ten Tuesday!
- I gave a quick lesson to the very few people who didn’t understand how to behave like humans 😉
- And I need your opinion on some books I didn’t quite DNF yet!
Blogosphere Bulletin: The One with ALL the Posts
- Cait @ Paper Fury asks some really classy and fabulous bloggers (ah hem) about predictions for next year!
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway wants to put herself in a more positive headspace this year.
- Valerie @ The Innocent Smiley discusses being a forgetful reader. Also, she turned 22!
- Ashley @ Nose Graze wrote a post that spoke to my soul about overwhelmed bloggers and why they continue to overwhelm themselves.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction would like to know how you go about responding to older comments.
- Silvara @ Fantasy of the Silver Dragon wants to know if you use your real name while blogging.
- Lola @ Lola’s Reviews talks about the best ways to get reviews (in an incredibly timely post, yes?)
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight shares her amazing designs inspired by Six of Crows
- Aila @ Happy Indulgences reminds us to be true to our feelings when rating and reviewing
- Aimee @ The Social Potato shares her book boyfriend criteria!
- Erica @ Novel Ink has decided to halve her Goodreads challenge, and she is telling you why!
- Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings explains why you simply must sign up for #OTSPSecretSister
- Lisa & Becca @ Lost in Literature were both chosen as reps for Evie’s Society6 store, and they have some recommendations. (As you all know, I am in love with Evie’s store!)
- Eva @ All Books Considered wonders whether authors may be in too big a rush to publish
- Faye @ The Social Potato wants to know where all the fabulous and important YA contemporaries were when she was growing up. (Me too, Faye. Me too.)
- Shay @ The Story Goes… has some fabulously fun tips for editing (with Big Bang Theory gifs for the win!)
- Terri @ Second Run Reviews shares some of her insight into blog management (I need this in my life, clearly)
- Daniela @ Daniela Ark’s Blog for Readers, Writers and Bloggers has tips that she learned when her WordPress theme crashed.
- Ebony @ Life of Eden celebrated her two year blogoversary!
- Christy @ Novel Ink is concerned that she might be outgrowing YA.
- Maryam @ Once Upon a Story shares some lies she’s found people telling about YA.
- Liselle @ Lunch-Time Librarian asks if there is a “right way” to write diversity.
- Aubrey @ Aubrey’s Book Nook discusses the use of profanity in books.
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books is writing a paper on lack of diversity and needs your help!
- Joan @ Fiddler Blue shares recommendations for apps to use while blogging and reading
- Ruby @ Ruby’s Books explains the struggle of writing the beginning of a review (this is so true!)
- Cassie @ The Magical Adventures of Cassie the Weird ponders whether she really wants to attend Hogwarts
- Kristin @ Metaphors and Midnights wants to know what you listen to while reading, writing, and blogging.
- Jess @ Curiouser and Curiouser asks if we should write negative reviews.
::Shrugs:: I am tired. This has been a long week. All the time I had planned to devote to blog hopping and scheduling and commenting and just anything related was derailed by the catfishing, and the fact that I spent a ton of time playing around on Twitter. Damn you, Twitter. But also I love you.
Things we need to talk about this week:
- The 5th Wave movie comes out this month! Do you plan on seeing it? Did you read the book? I bought my mom the book for Christmas so she can be prepared.
- Are you kiiind of jealous of all the people at ALA right now? Are you one of the people at ALA right now?
- What is one fun thing you are looking forward to in 2016?