Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
Sweet Madness by Lindsay Currie and Trisha Leaver from my mom- she won it, and she and my dad both adored it- now THAT is a book win, ladies! My mom let me keep it because it is signed and beautiful 🙂
via Edelweiss, thanks to Sky Pony Press!
And huge thanks to my Secret Sister for the amazing box!!! You’re the best!! 🙂
I only read one (1) book this week. Has that ever even happened before? I sob. I SOB.
Uhh at least I liked it?
- The November New Release Giveaway has a few days left!!
- The November Discussion Challenge link up and giveaway is happening!
- I have decided to give away something bookish for your holiday enjoyment!
- Enter to win a copy of Passenger by Alexandra Bracken!! (U.S. Only)
Posts this Week:
(Yeah, I brought it back. I felt bad for not considering my mobile-using friends.)
- I shared my bookish blessings with you for Top Ten Tuesday.
- I reviewed Instructions for the End of the World
- Black Friday happened, so I talked about book sales and gifts (or lack thereof) and am giving something away!
A still abbreviated version this week, for reasons.
- Kaja @ Of Dragons and Hearts wants to know if you give authors second chances.
- Nicole @ Nicole’s Novel Reads shares the ultimate bookish gift guide (read: Shannon goes bankrupt)
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog posts her own fabulous list of bookish gifts, and now I am drooling.
- Cee @ The Novel Hermit posted the semi-final round of the YA Book Cover Choice Awards!
- Liza @ Reading with ABC wants to discuss comments
- Ella (Guest posting) @ Chasing Faerytales wants to know if maybe we like the anticipation of a book release (so much truth!!)
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake wonders if we might be targeting the wrong audience.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction is putting together a list of birthdays and blogoversaries- so be sure to add yours!
- Becca & Lisa @ Lost in Literature share some of their favorite bookstagram accounts
- Cait @ Paper Fury needs to know what type of character death is the worst? (Uh, all? AnyView Spoiler »involving Finnick? « Hide Spoiler)
- Olivia @ Olivia’s Catastrophe shares some tips on Fangirling 101
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout has a quiz to find out what condition your books are in. This was spot-on for me!
- Lynn & Julie @ Chapter Break discuss books that changed their lives
- Rashika @ The Social Potato asks “Why Romance?”
I am so tired, guys. With only three days left, I am still more than 7500 words from winning NaNo. I am going to fall into unconsciousness soon. The good news is, either way, it will be over, and things will hopefully go back to normal here. I hate hate HATE that I have been missing out on stuff 🙁
Also, Val was here last weekend. We saw Mockingjay Part 2, and then she became besties with my female small human. They keep telling me that they miss each other, so there’s that. Pictures?
Things we need to talk about this week:
- Have you finished NaNo? If so, I am both proud and jealous.
- If you live in the northern hemisphere, have you had snow? We’ve been lucky to escape with only a few flurries! Yay!
- I am currently obsessed with Evie Seo’s Society6. OBSESSED.
- This has given you a whole second week to see Mockingjay… so have you?
- How was your Thanksgiving, if you celebrate such a thing? Anyone go Black Friday shopping? Details, please!