Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
The Books: For Review
Val insists that she be given credit for helping with this picture. She did. (Help, that is.)
via Edelweiss & Netgalley, thanks to Simon & Schuster and Macmillan!
I read four books! Which I must say is quite impressive considering that I did nothing else really, and didn’t have much time.
Catching Fire, obviously. Ha. Otherwise, Come Back to Me
- The November New Release Giveaway is underway!!
- The November Discussion Challenge link up and giveaway is happening!
- There are THREE chances to win Fire Falling by Elise Kova!
- Enter to win a copy of Passenger by Alexandra Bracken!! (U.S. Only)
Posts this Week:
(Yeah, I brought it back. I felt bad for not considering my mobile-using friends.)
- I discussed what the deal was with meme hate. Ironic, since I am currently doing one.
- Tuesday’s Top Ten was about movies. Mostly Mockingjay, probably.
- I reviewed Rules for 50/50 Chances, because I let my friends choose which book I should review. In fact… let’s do that again! Only, you can ALL choose. I’ll put a poll at the end!
An abbreviated version this week, for reasons (see below, if curiosity gets the best of you)
- Nicole @ Nicole’s Novel Reads discusses how to overcome a reading slump. With Haymitch, FTW.
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books asks if insta-love can ever work. She is also turning one and hosting a giveaway!!
- Nuzaifa @ Word Contessa discusses two things she’s noticed changing in the book blogging community
- Erica @ Novel Ink wants to know if you prefer standalones or series. (Series girl over here!)
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway is not a marketing tool, and explains why.
- Lark @ The Bookwyrm’s Hoard talks about reading speed and the connection to spending money on books.
- Val (Guest posting) @ Chasing Faerytales shares her favorite WWII books!
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake tells us why she reads YA!
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction talks about staying both motivated and organized for reading challenges!
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections has tips for actually being productive.
- Cait @ Paper Fury translates writer-speak!
- Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide shares her social media support post of the week; this one is all about Goodreads and is very informative!
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout has a great infographic on choosing your favorite author.
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit discusses the differences between readers and bloggers.
- The lovely ladies @ The Social Potato are celebrating three years of amazing blogging with all kinds of great stuff (and of course, a giveaway!)
This has been a really, really rough week for me. Things have been rough personally, and my aunt passed away, and basically this week has been a complete fail. I fell behind on blogging, commenting, my NaNo word count… it is my goal over Thanksgiving to make this all up. So I promise binge comments and such- and maybe cross your fingers or something that things go a bit better this week!
Things we need to talk about this week:
- Mockingjay’s end broke my heart. I seriously don’t know what to do, which seems really dumb, because it’s just a movie. But… I can’t help it.
- I had promised a birthday giveaway, which didn’t happen because I was a mess. There will be a better giveaway in its place. I shall find a reason 😉
- Poll time:
- Have you seen Mockingjay? I may have seen it twice already. If so, PLEASE, share thoughts with me!!!!