Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
I literally just noticed that seriously half of these are by Jennifer Donnelly. Strange coincidence!
Deep Blue, Rogue Wave, and Dark Tide by Jennifer Donnelly + insanely pretty nail polish Won, thanks to Leanna @ Daisy Chain Reviews and Disney
via Edelweiss & Netgalley, thanks to Margaret K. McElderry Books, HarperTeen, and Chronicle Books!
I read three books, which kind of surprised me because I am currently reading three at a time, to get my 10th Hunger Games re-read started! And I am almost done with another book that Holly made me read. I like it, but it is slow. I’ll tell you about it next week 😉
Bwhahahah. Really? You need to ask? Fine, outside of The Hunger Games, which wins life, I guess I’d give the edge to Young Widows Club
- I turned two and am giving away stuff!
- I am still two and want to give away more stuff!
- The November Discussion Challenge link up and giveaway is under way!
- Win a copy of Anne M. Pillsworth’s Fathomless!! (US & Canada Only!)
- There are THREE chances to win Fire Falling by Elise Kova!
- My 2K Twitter Giveaway is happening!! Here’s some details:
Posts this Week:
(Yeah, I brought it back. I felt bad for not considering my mobile-using friends.)
- The sign ups are open for the November New Release Giveaway Hop!
- I raved about Fire Falling, because holy crap, it was amazing!
- This week’s Top Ten featured authors whose sophomore books I need.
- I featured Anne M. Pillsworth and her new book with a Q&A and Giveaway!!
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley and Ely @ Tea and Titles are hosting a WWII event! Sign up and join in!
- Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings posted the actual most ridiculous book EVER. And please read the Amazon UK reviews, because I cried laughing.
- Lola @ Lola’s Ramblings wants to know how you feel about love triangles. (Confession: I am a sucker for them, if done well!)
- Cait (guest posting) @ Chasing Faerytales wants to know if you prefer unique or common names in books.
- Jessica @ Bookish Serendipity uses gifs to show the seven stages of book anticipation.
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight talks about the kinds of posts she liked to read before book blogging.
- Rashika @ The Social Potato shares a super personal and very important story about diversity. READ IT.
- Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure has some tips for getting into a blogging frame of mind.
- Becca and Lisa @ Lost in Literature love us and want to give us a mystery box of books!
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books tells us how and why she’s stopped caring about ARCs
- Nick @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist knows of some romance tropes that have to go.
- Jenna @ Happy Indulgences loves contemporaries, and she’s telling you why!
- Sarah @ One Curvy Blogger shares her blogging pet peeves- part two!
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake tells us all about the reasons she doesn’t review ARCs.
- Aimee @ The Social Potato asks if you support authors whose books you didn’t like.
- Brittany @ Please Feed the Bookworm discusses cover changes- the good, the bad, and definitely the ugly.
Well. I haven’t done a very good job at keeping up this week. I blame NaNo. Somehow, I am actually not failing at it so far, but it has meant that my blogging is a mess. I haven’t even caught up on last week’s weekly recap comments. I am trying, I really am. It has been a rough week. The children have been replaced with some sort of demon spawns. I haven’t slept more than two hours on any given night. Things have just been rough. Bear with me, for I promise I will catch up! Oh, and a promised small human/demon Halloween picture!
A Tiger baby, me, and Rainbow Dash. Or three of the four horsemen of the apocalypse?
Things we need to talk about this week:
- I was going to not talk about The Hunger Games because it is making me sad. BUT. THEME PARK. I die of happy.
- BEA is in SIX MONTHS. Are you going? If you are, are you planning like mad? I wish I could book all the things already.
- How do you prioritize posting? For example, I had a fun post that I tried to get up by last night. It didn’t work, and by 2am, I called it quits and scheduled it for Monday. When do you know it’s just not going to happen on time?
- NaNo. Are you participating? If so, how goes it? I am at… I don’t know 12,311 words. A vast improvement over last year’s 400. I am here, if you want to follow along/be pals.