Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
Life by Committee and Making Pretty by Corey Ann Haydu (won, thanks to Kristie @ Dark Faerie Tales and author Corey Ann Haydu (and an extra big thanks for the extra book, Corey! I have wanted to read it too!!)
Ebooks: (Pictures link to Goodreads)
Got these on sale, YAY!
Four books for the win! And it wasn’t even close! Though I definitely did not read more than I acquired… meh?
The Lies About Truth. I also really liked the others, but TLAT just had that something “extra” that made it special.
This is hard. I’ll give the edge to The White Rose over Hotel Ruby, but just barely.
- The October Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- I turned two and am giving away stuff!
- I am still two and want to give away more stuff!
- The October New Release Giveaway Hop has begun!
- My 2K Twitter Giveaway is happening!! Here’s some details:
Posts this Week:
(Yeah, I brought it back. I felt bad for not considering my mobile-using friends.)
- A Top Ten Tuesday about the Book Fairy!
- A review of An Infinite Number of Parallel Universes by Randy Ribay
- Some Halloween shenanigans, including a coloring book review and some books that I have read!
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley has created a game with a giveaway about some favorite childhood books!
- Julia @ A Perfection Called Books has some great thoughts on how ratings and reviews affect us
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight shares some signs that your blogging honeymoon has come to an end... and what to do next!
- Grace @ Books of Love discusses the new (and fabulous) adult coloring trend
- Faye @ The Social Potato needs you to pick a character for their new interactive blog story!
- Nick and Nereyda have joined forces to become… Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist!!
- Shay @ The Story Goes… shares her favorite creepy stories. I am in love with these.
- Silvara @ Fantasy of the Silver Dragon wants to know if you have a publisher that you just can’t seem to get approved for books from
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgences announces her two new co-bloggers, so go over and welcome Aila and Jenna!
- Becca & Lisa @ Lost in Literature chat about ARC envy!
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales thinks we are going though one big communal blogging depression. (I feel your pain!)
- Sarah is not @ The Reading Petal anymore… so welcome Sarah @ Kerosene Lit!!
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wonders if you can-or should- change your blogging style
- Peach @ Rebelle Reads shares some tropes that need to go!!
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit discusses the evolution of blog tours
- Tonyalee @ Lilybloombooks shows us the five plugins that make her life easier!
So, I may not be slumping exactly, but I am still lacking time. I promise, I am doing my best, my dears! Thank you for continuing to be fabulous and supportive and reminding me every day why this is so damn fun! And I think I am getting out of my reading slump, slowly but surely. So that is a huge win!!
Things we need to talk about this week:
- Taking a trip to the bookstore tomorrow, because the US Weekly Mockingjay special is out now!! EEP!
- I have been thinking of changing my reading routine! I have always read two books at a time: One physical, one Kindle. But… I wonder if that is actually taking me out of both stories? So, this week I am going to try something new and read only one at a time! Do you all read one at a time?
- I need to re-read The Hunger Games and watch at least Catching Fire. Any ideas for how to fit that into a packed schedule? Magic?
- I have posted something about Mockingjay or THG like, every week for literally months. What are we going to discuss once it is (can’t even breathe) over?!?!?