Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
Shade Me by Jennifer Brown (thanks, Mom! She won it via Goodreads then gave it to me- She liked it, too!)
Ebooks: (Pictures link to Goodreads)
Two books, the sadness. In my defense, I am like, two chapters away from finishing one, but was just too tired last night. Sleep doesn’t usually defeat me, but last night it did!
We’ll call it a tie. Neither was bad, neither is my new favorite.
- The October Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- I turned two and am giving away stuff!
- I am still two and want to give away more stuff!
- The October New Release Giveaway Hop has begun!
Posts this Week:
(Yeah, I brought it back. I felt bad for not considering my mobile-using friends.)
- A review of The Distance From Me to You
- A Discussion on if/when ARCs go from marketing tool to memorabilia
- I reviewed a bunch of October books that were mostly just okay
Blogosphere Bulletin: In which you all hit it out of the park this week!
Seriously, I had so many posts bookmarked! Nice work, blogosphere!
- Faye @ The Social Potato wants to know if talking about a twists’ existence is a spoiler in itself.
- Tash @ Books With Chemistry shares some Paranormal Romance tropes that need to stop
- Cait @ Paper Fury gives you ways to be kind to book bloggers.
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgences, with the help of Aentee & Bec, talks about why we love fantasy books so much!
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway wants to know if Twitter is replacing regular blogger interaction.
- Genesis & Gabriela @ Latte Nights Reviews share some of their favorite things happening this month
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books discusses becoming a ratings perfectionist
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout talks about an article that claims that women dominate the fiction industry, and it is fabulous.
- Inge @ Whimsicality challenges us all to think about the things we like about ourselves!
- Shay @ The Story Goes… gives you tips on horror movie survival.
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books discusses creativity in the blogosphere
- ALL the lovely Social Potatoes are nominated for a blogging award! You can show your support and vote for them right here!
- Vane @ Books with Chemistry wants to know if you prefer quiet horror or jumpy horror!
- Sarah @ One Curvy Blogger is turning ONE and is sharing a giveaway!
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings has tips to be the best fangirl/boy you can be!
- Tonyalee @ Lilybloombooks reminds us that breaking up (bookishly) can be hard to do!
- Karen @ Kissin Blue Karen goes “Beyond the Books” to talk about things she hates (it made me chuckle!)
- Lizzie @ Big Books & Grande Lattes shares a very personal and helpful post in honor of World Mental Health Day
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit hosts the most amazing blogger and person of all time on her Inside & Out feature. (Me, guys. She hosts me.)
- Kaja @ Of Dragons and Hearts discusses comfort reads, and has some suggestions!
- Cassie @ The Magical Adventures of Cassie the Weird apologizes for some books that she didn’t initially read because she judged them by their covers
- Angel @ The Bookish Angel ponders if writing is really for her (something a lot of us can relate to!)
- Jess @ Curiouser and Curiouser turns 24 and shares some life experience!
- Ella @ Once Upon a Bookish Time has some tips on becoming a stereotypical YA heroine (they’re too funny!)
- AJ @ Read All the Things shares ways to know you read too much YA (also hilarious!)
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives talks about an article debating “The Future of YA”, and she is spot on.
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections wants to know what makes a favorite book? (Short answer: it is one of The Hunger Games. Goodness, Inge, that was easy! 😉 )
So, as you know, I have been struggling a bit the last few weeks. So I am trying to get back on track, and I am pretty sure I visited everyone’s blogs, and tried to respond to all the comments, but please know that I did read each one. And I am starting over, and allowing myself to just get back on track, so clean slate, basically. I am going to be going over all my comments again, just to make sure if you asked a question or something, that I answered it, but starting now, I am going to be doing my best to get back on track!
Also, reading slump. Womp womp.
Things we need to talk about this week:
- Thanks to you all, I am going to see the double feature Mockingjay thing! It was an overwhelming “DO IT!” 😀
- There have been so, so many amazing cover reveals this past week or so! Here are a few of my favorites:
Do you enjoy any of these?
- I finished my Goodreads Challenge a few days ago! I didn’t even notice until I saw people “liking” it, so it was a fun surprise! How are you guys doing with your challenges, if you made them?