Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
And I won The Dead House only moments after trading for a copy haha. So huge thanks to This Is Teen for this gorgeous hardcover (I will show you under the jacket someday, it is amazing!)
Three books, yes. Still, somehow more than I obtained. Impressive, right? (No, not really, I agree.)
This is hard, and not because I loved them all. So, Placebo Junkies is probably the best book, but I think I was more connected to/enjoyed The Yearbook more. So take that for what it’s worth.
- The October Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- I turned two and am giving away stuff!
- I am still two and want to give away more stuff!
Posts this Week:
(Yeah, I brought it back. I felt bad for not considering my mobile-using friends.)
- A review of A Thousand Nights
- Ten things I can’t seem to quit
- Non-reviews in a gif!
- The giveaways mentioned above!
- Aimee @ The Social Potato presents part one of the “Blogger’s Survival Guide”
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog shows off some Hollywood covers, and compares them to the originals!
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight talks about the big blogger insecurities (and why you can stop feeling that way!)
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake did a freaking hilarious video with her roommate about social awkwardness, and it is my LIFE.
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley talks about Twitter chats, and the possibility that maybe there is too much of a good thing.
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales shares a really personal and really important post about the representation of sexual assault in YA (seriously, this is so, so important, and thank you, Mishma, for having the courage to talk about it. Just read this!!)
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout introduces us to some of her favorite Chinese women in history, and it is epic!
- Inge @ Whimsicality challenges us all to think about the things we like about ourselves!
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books is celebrating her birthday, and wants to give you a gift!! Stop over and say Happy Birthday!
- Brittany @ Please Feed the Bookworm is (hilariously) done with these tropes!
Welp, still at a standstill. Here’s the situation: My children don’t want me to ever sleep again, so I have had significantly less blogging time. But I will get back to normal. I will. And if I owe you some blog visiting love, I promise it is on its way 😀 You guys are the best! Thanks for helping me celebrate my second blogoversary, and just generally being fabulous!
Things we need to talk about this week:
- I am trying to decide if it is worth it to go to the double-Mockingjay feature with my mom. It’s $25/ticket, which is kind of ridiculous, but… it only happens once. So you guys, help me decide!
- The final Mockingjay 2 trailer is here. Don’t mind me, sobbing in the corner again, for all kinds of reasons.
- I need bookstagram inspiration. Where do you all take your bookish pictures? I can’t find a good spot!