Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
Good lord, the books. This book week makes me smile.
Huge thanks to Macmillan and Merit Press for these beauties!
Via Edelweiss, with huge thanks to Simon & Schuster and Harper Teen!
I may or may not have stayed up all night last night just so I didn’t only read two books again. Spoiler: I did.
Air Awakens. By like, so so much. Because: 1) I freaking loved Air Awakens, and 2) I felt meh about Very and ragey about Inheritance of Ashes.
I decided that I am not doing “On the Blog” anymore because you guys are smart and can look at the sidebar.
- The September Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- Still a few days left to enter the #ShatteringStigmas Giveaway!
- U.S. readers can win an ARC of The Rose Society by Marie Lu.
- U.S readers also can win Blood and Salt.
- The International September New Release Giveaway has begun!
- Cyn @ Book Munchies talks about the fear of the five star (I feel this pain!)
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit has an amazing, thought-provoking discussion on feminism, slut-shaming, and relationships in YA. This is such an important topic!
- Cait @ Paper Fury does not enjoy when series do certain things. So she tells us about it.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction talks book sniffing (no, really!)
- Christina @ A Reader of Fictions has a Tyra Banks-ism in this edition of Cover Snark (also- I love Cover Snark, and you will too, if you somehow don’t already!)
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight shares her gorgeous graphics for the Throne of Glass series.
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgences reminds us to be good to ourselves.
- Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure talks about what the hardest parts of blogging are for her.
- Inge @ Whimsicality welcomes everyone to her new site with a motivational giveaway!
- Vane @ Books With Chemistry discusses how books can really influence us.
- Alyssa @ The Eater of Books has some fun news about Banished by Kimberley Griffiths Little to share! (I loved Forbidden and am so excited for Banished!!)
- Cassie @ The Magical Adventures of Cassie the Weird wants to know if you have the ability to live in denial when it comes to books.
- Jessica @ A Bookish Serendipity asks what a three star rating means to you (GOOD question!)
I feel like I have been posting “too many” five star reviews lately. In fact, I have another coming up on Monday! The thing is, all the books I have been reading have not been five star books- you can see the evidence in my mini-reviews and such- but it seems the books I do full reviews of have been rated super high. There are reasons for this: One, I agreed to do tours because I loved the books. Two, the dates just kind of fell that way. I have read some um, not five star books, but the way the pub dates fell, you’ve been getting them all! Three, I really did have a streak where I was reading some phenomenal books! So when you combine those things, you get a lot of five star reviews.
Things we need to talk about this week:
- HUNGER. GAMES. TRAILER. Watch, then sob. Then let’s all hug it out in the comments.
- Also, less than two weeks until you (I) can buy Mockingjay Part 2 Tickets!! October 1, my grabby hands shall haveth! Will you be getting your tickets? When do you plan to see it?
- I have been trying to decide if a weekly update is worth it. What say you?