Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
For Review: (pictures=Goodreads)
Huge thanks to HarperTeen, author Trisha Leigh, Knopf, and the authors of Among the Shadows!!
Remember how I said I was at peace with three books? I am decidedly not at peace with two. What even!? I was in a wedding, and then I was sick, but still. This saddens me greatly.
The Rest of Us Just Live Here. It isn’t even a close call.
I decided that I am not doing “On the Blog” anymore because you guys are smart and can look at the sidebar.
- The September Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- Still lots of time left to enter the #ShatteringStigmas Giveaway!
- U.S. Readers can also enter to win in the big Titans giveaway.
- And yet again, U.S. readers (lucky week for you guys, no?) can win an ARC of The Rose Society by Marie Lu.
- You can win Blood and Salt.
- Also, a copy of Across the Shadows, by a ton of amazing authors!
Fun in the Blogosphere:
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books has an amazing discussion about self-censorship (and, you’ll want to smack some whiny kids from Duke! Double win 😉 )
- Rachel @ Istyria Book Blog asks what makes a good title, and shares what works for her.
- Cait @ Paper Fury wants to know if it’s okay to read what everyone else is reading.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wonders if it is ever okay to judge. (Guys, READ THIS- it is insanely thought provoking!)
- Nori @ ReadWriteLove28 is doing an entire series called “The Basics of Book Blogging”
- Olivia @ Fictionally Obsessed has some great tips for finding time to blog.
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books confesses her blogging pet peeves (they’re so accurate!)
- Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen discusses the worst reasons she’s bought books (and there’s a link up, so check out ALL the posts) on her weekly “Beyond the Books” feature!
- Nova @ Out of Time asks if character names really matter.
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake has made a very fun Blogger Friend Meme
- Aimee @ The Social Potato has some tips for getting your stuff posted on time!
- Julia @ A Perfection Called Books explains the five stages of book grief. (The struggle is real)
- Jessica @ Writing Pearls tells us the importance of rainbow chip frosting (trust me and read it!)
Want to see a picture from my cousin’s wedding? Of course you do! She’s the bride, and you can see my head poking out of the top left 🙂