Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
It has been a slow, slow book week, my friends. I think that maybe it’s okay though, sometimes a slower week is a good thing? (That’s the official party line, even if it isn’t true.)
Thanks to HMH Books for Young Readers
Three books is just how it is. I have come to accept that.
So, here’s the deal: I liked one of these, hated one, and really very much liked one. But since I promise reviews for all three very soon (since they all come out on September 1, like every other book ever published), I will let you guess which is which! 😀
On the Blog:
This has been what is happening, so I’ll just link you there:
Is officially underway- actually, close to halfway done already, if you can believe it! Your posts and comments have been beyond amazing, thank you for sharing so much! If you’ve made your own post and want to link up, I’ve added a link-up to the welcome post: link thee up!
- The August Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- I have a TWITTER GIVEAWAY happening! (This is phase ONE of the big old giveaway event 😉 ) Enter to win ANY 2016 Debut!! International, going on until August 31!!
- PHASE TWO of the Big Old Giveaway is happening right now!!
- The August New Release Giveaway Hop has begun!
Fun in the Blogosphere:
- Lola @ Lola’s Reviews talks about her process for writing posts, and wants to know yours! (Spoiler: I have no process.)
- Christy @ The Novel Ink is celebrating her birthday, and she has prizes for you to win!
- C.J. @ Deadly Darlings has some recommendations for diverse books by diverse authors! Such a win!
- Julia @ A Perfection Called Books shares her packing tips for the bookish traveler.
- Allie @ Little Birdie Books gives some helpful hints and asks for your strategies when you just do not like a recommended book.
- Cait @ Paper Fury wants to know why we try to make authors feel bad about earning a living. (Seriously, why does this happen!?)
- Amanda @ Nellie and Co. talks about why Google Analytics are more informative than regular Blogger stats
- Speaking of Google Analytics, Ashley @ Nose Graze explains what your numbers actually mean.
- Rashika @ The Social Potato gives you the warning signs that probably mean you’re a bookworm.
- Zoe @ Stories on Stage shares some books that contain fabulous examples of friendships!
- Inge @ Whimsicality…. started Whimsicality!
- Mishma @ A Perfection Called Books has written an open letter to books in general asking them not to do some pretty annoying things.
- Jillian @ Chasing Faerytales talks about the pros and cons of writing personal posts.
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley explains her lack of books on Goodreads- and wants you to play her game so she can figure out which books she’s read.
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit has some helpful suggestions to get yourself back into writing reviews if you so desire!
- Erin @ The Hardcover Lover has a giveaway going on for a year of free Oyster (this is books, not seafood. Is it bad that I almost wanted it to be seafood?)
- Jessica @ Bookish Serendipity asks if you review all the books you read (that’d be a big old nope).
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout explains why tragic backstory does not allow one to be a villain.
- Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf talks spoilers, and why they just plain suck.
ARC August is officially underway, and I have made some progress? I think? Let’s check in with the graphic representation!
So, I probably won’t make all 15, but it was a lofty goal anyway. I will be close! And most importantly, I should at least be able to knock out all the September 1-8 books- that is a big win!
Other than that, next week is going to be busy, busy, busy around here. There will be lots more #ShatteringStigmas posts, and some blog tours, and I will be spending the weekend trying to reply to all your amazing comments- you guys have blown me away with the support, love, and overall enthusiasm for this event, and I seriously can’t even put into words how much it means. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Weekend plans? Have you any? Read a book that I must know about? Share away, my lovely kittens!
(No idea why you’re kittens. I am kind of tired.)