Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
#OTSPSecretSister (HUGE thanks, Nicole!!)
Enchanted Forest coloring book! (Coloring is SO therapeutic, this is awesome!)
Yeah, only two books. BUT… two epic books.
I was a little wary of The Raven Boys, since as you may recall, I thought it was about some kind of avian-human hybrids. But after a bit of a slow start, I got really into it! Now, I will be needing The Dream Thieves, please and thank you.
As for The Heart of Betrayal… dying. How can I wait a full year for the next (and sadly, last) book? By the by, just found out on Twitter about two minutes ago that it is called… wait for it… The Beauty of Darkness. Can I just pre order it now? Seriously, I tried, but no, I cannot.
On the Blog:
- I reviewed Nothing Left to Burn by Patty Blount on Monday.
- On Tuesday I (GASP) did not do a Top Ten, because it basically would have been a repeat of my Stacking the Shelves… so instead I posted the July New Release Giveaway!
- On Wednesday, I asked if a bad series ending could taint the whole darned thing.
- And on Thursday, I announced the event we’ll be having next month! The link to the form is here, if you missed it and want to help out, or just shoot me an email, a tweet, whatever!
- The July Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- I have a TWITTER GIVEAWAY happening! (This is phase ONE of the big old giveaway event 😉 ) Enter to win ANY 2016 Debut!! International, going on until August 31!!
- PHASE TWO of the Big Old Giveaway is happening right now!!
- The July 2015 New Release Giveaway Hop Has begun!!
Fun in the Blogosphere:
- Shayna @ Bibliophilia: A Love Story gives some great advice about protecting yourself when trading books (wish I’d listened to THIS a few weeks ago…)
- Cait @ Paper Fury tells us why big books are scary (they ARE!)
- Aimee @ The Social Potato shared the most gorgeous wallpapers/screensavers of ADSOM & ACOTAR. Seriously, so, so pretty!
- Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts asks “What if Bloggers Had Blurbs?” in this incredibly funny (and thought provoking) post!
- Jen @ The Bookavid has some helpful hints about how not to be “that guy” while promoting your blog.
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley wants to know if and why you pre order books. (Yes Val, I do. Lots of them.)
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books shares the very best of her procrastination techniques.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction talks about editing, especially when it comes to self-published books (I learned quite a bit from this!)
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings gives us some great ways to show our favorite authors how much we adore their books.
- Becca @ Lost in Literature gives her co-blogger Lisa some birthday love!!
- Erin @ The Hardcover Lover is hosting a huge giveaway celebrating a big group of amazing bloggers who joined the blogosphere in July 2014!
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books talks about some of the blogging-related things she isn’t quite so good at (I feel you, girl!)
- Jackie @ Books & Tea gives us five reasons why magical cats are awesome (and so is her non-magical cat!)
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections is celebrating her 23rd birthday, and has an amazing list of things she’d like to accomplish!
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence celebrates her third blogging anniversary with a giveaway AND her very first vlog!!
ARC August: My ridiculous list of books
This is hosted by the lovely Octavia & Shelley at Read.Sleep.Repeat, and it is a chance for bloggers to get their derrières in gear and read some of the ARCs that basically need to be read!
August is basically going to have to be ARC-central around here. No purchased books, no won books, all ARCs, all the time. Because September… September is dicey. Remember that time in April that I had about 12 ARCs to get to? I have twenty. 20. And that doesn’t include BEA books. AND, more than half of those twenty come out on the same day. (September 1 is apparently “publish all the books” day.)
Assuming I can read 3-4 books a week (in a good week, anyway), I am going to aim for 15. Yes, this is lofty, BUT it has to be done. My reward? Queen of Shadows, of course!
I will update this graphic every week by (hopefully!) crossing out the ones I’ve read! Wish me luck, and let’s hope Nori doesn’t see this debacle 😉