Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas Because I am reading Crown of Midnight, and I knew I would need it, obviously!
For Review: (Pictures link to Goodreads)
Thanks to Macmillan, HarperTeen, Sky Pony Press, and Flux!!
Kindle on the Cheap
Um, The Queen of the Tearling cover that is actually on my Kindle is ugly and red and ugly. (Yes, double the ugly, okay?) So I left the pretty, original one, for the sake of your eyes. I am nice like that.
I would have read three books this week, but I DNFed one. Actually, let’s add it into the mix. I won’t tell you which one I didn’t finish, but I bet you can guess. I will tell you next week either way 😉
Wow, this was a really rough week, reading-wise. I was sure I was in a slump, but Emmy & Oliver got me out of it, yay!
On the Blog:
- On Saturday, about an hour after I posted my old recap, I posted my FFBC Blog Tour post and review for The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes. I liked it. (The book, not the review, though I am sure it was lovely as well.)
- Monday’s review was of A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery.
- This week’s top 10 was “Must-Read Books for the rest of 2015”. I did way more than 10, obviously.
- On Wednesday, I caught up on some tags!
- And on Friday, I posted my review of Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
- The June Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- The June New Release Hop starts on SUNDAY!!
Fun in the Blogosphere (LOTS to share this week!!):
- Cait @ Paper Fury knows that rating books can be hard (seriously, she is right, it’s kind of wretched most of the time, no?)
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake gives us all some very legitimate reasons not to write.
- Jess @ Curiouser and Curiouser discussions the pros and cons of having trigger warnings on books. It’s very insightful, and I may or may not have left her a novel as a response (kidding, of course I did!)
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings had a lot of great posts this week, and since I couldn’t choose, I give you both: Time problems (we all have them!) AND A very lovely guide for people wanting to start their own book blogs!
- Benish @ Feminist Reflections asks how you prioritize between the books you have to read and the ones you want to read.
- Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure is celebrating her SECOND BLOGOVERSARY with an amazing event (and giveaway!) called “Sophomore Spotlight”
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgences talks about being a book hoarder (which I am so guilty of!)
- Erica and Christy @ Novel Ink have posted their first round of OTP Battleship, featuring Kirsty-Marie @ Studio Reads with her OTP, Celaena & Chaol vs. Erica’s Gus & Hazel. (Confession: I still haven’t voted, because it is TOO HARD.)
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway posted a lot of BEA recaps, which you should read because they contain stories about ME! And pictures that I took. And they are way more in depth than mine were.
- Rebekah @ Wordsmithing and Worldbuilding just does not understand the whole concept behind “beach reads” (neither do I, which is why I love this post!)
- Megan @ Reading Away the Days wants to know if every YA book ever is going to be made into a movie. My answer: goodness, I do hope so!
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction posted a really thoughtful post about whether it is okay to bring faith into play on your blogs. I really feel that this post is incredibly relevant and important, regardless of your beliefs or lack thereof.
- Karen @ Kissin Blue Karen is starting up a new/old (read about it on her post!) feature for bloggers!
- Alissa @ The Devil Orders Takeout posted a really informative discussion about the Chinese language (I found it quite fascinating!)
Up Next? I obviously don’t know, but expect some mini-reviews, a much needed discussion (of a topic I haven’t thought up yet, obviously), the June giveaway and… perhaps a special giveaway? I have a feeling it will be coming up soon! I have also contemplated posting #booksfortrade, but I don’t know. I am so, so bad at the haggling part because I hate saying no. Have any of you posted books? (I have only traded for stuff other people have posted!)
OH I almost forgot to post this! Aimee @ Deadly Darlings reminded me! HOW could I forget the Mockingjay Part 2 trailer?! GUYS. Have you not seen it? HAVE you seen it? If you have, you should really just watch it again, okay?