For a long time, I went back and forth about whether I was a perfectionist, or a disaster. You’d think it would be easy to tell, as those are opposite ends of the spectrum. But, as it turns out, what I am is a Part Time Perfectionist. What’s that? Well, apparently (and we’re only using me as an example for now, we’ll get to you!) it’s someone who can be insanely dedicated and devoted to some things, and give exactly zero fucks about others. I shall parlay this into a blogging discussion, but trust that this sums up my life in general.
Things I am a perfectionist about:
- Random Design Junk. I mean, sure, I am picky about all the design stuff, but I let a professional handle that. I mean little, highly insignificant stuff like header fonts, or which widget should be above the other. No one but me likely cares, but I spend literally hours making sure I like my dumb fonts. Don’t even get me started on graphics.
- Reviews/Posts posting at midnight. I don’t know why, every other time just seems wrong, okay? And no, it isn’t because “It Starts at Midnight”, it’s just because I happen to be strange like that.
- Finishing ARCs on time. I know this is probably a good one, but I am kind of over the top about it. Nori had been disappointed by my insanely huge spring over-arcing spree, but she was also (I hope!) quite impressed that I read Every. Single. One. Because if I am asking for it, I am reading it. (I likely don’t have to be this strict about it, but I guess it’s not a bad thing!)
- Commenting back. It may take me a few days, but I cannot even explain how badly I feel if I realize I have missed someone. I should probably calm down about this too, because people understand that stuff happens! But I DO love visiting everyone so… I assume I will continue to be ridiculous about this one!
Things I am “meh” about:
- Bookshelf organization. I try, guys, I really do. And my immediate TBR shelf is actually usually good. But my long-term TBR and my read shelves? A mess. Blame Bookstagram, okay?
- Scheduling. Basically, I have no such thing. A schedule? How about “scheduling” posts two minutes before midnight, because 99% of the time, that’s my half-assed plan.
- Reviewing books that aren’t review books. Sometimes I get to them, sometimes I don’t, and I really could not care less!